30|they unravel

Hours after they had finished their ordered pizza, they laid tiredly on the couch. The television playing before them but they were paying little attention to it.

"Hey Fiona?" Thea called.

"Hm,"

"What do you say we go shopping tomorrow,"

"Shopping?" Fiona raised her head from the pillow. "You want to go shopping?"

Thea blushed. Sitting up, she chuckled. "He ridiculed my skirt the last time,"

"Where has your self confidence gone to? It is a nice skirt I'm telling you." Fiona said.

"Self confident in looking ridiculous," Thea muttered to herself but Fiona caught it and burst out in laughter.

"So you want to look for a skirt that seduces him?" Thea threw a pillow at her which Fiona dodged with ease.

....it came as a shock to every one that the most eligible bachelor has announced his wedding to a stunning model....

Thea stopped typing on the phone immediately. She had wanted to send Ashton a goodnight message but her fingers froze on the send button. Fiona looked at her immediately then at the television when Thea's eyes didn't meet hers, they stayed glued to the TV instead.

Thea watched the famous model, Claire Jenkins, be the center of attraction.

This couldn't be happening. Her phone slipped from her hands mistakenly and ended up crashing to the floor but before it landed she used her feet to wedge the screen making it have a mild impact on the floor. She picked up her phone with had managed to escape a crack, she noticed that the message she had wanted to send had sent by itself.

The next minute, he was calling.

Thea looked at Fiona for help, "pick it up." Fiona said but she didn't have the courage anymore. She left the phone ringing in the sitting room and hurried away from Fiona, tears already gathering in her eyes.

---

"What the fuck Thea?! Why aren't you picking up my calls?" Ashton blurted out immediately he walked into her house.

She cursed, she thought she had locked the door. "What are you doing here Ashton?" She walked pass him to close the door he left open.

"Is that all you have to say to me after leaving me worried throughout the night and this morning? For goodness sake, I thought something happened." He turned to stare at her now.

"I'm okay Ashton, as you can see." He gripped her when she attempted to walk pass him.

"You're mad at me,"

"You noticed." She said to him, attempting to free herself from his grip.

"What did I even do this time? Why are you so mad at me that you won't even pick my calls?"

"Why am I mad at you? How dare you come to my house and ask such? How dare you Ashton?!" He furrowed his brows at her outburst. "What am I to you? A fling?" Tears were already gathering in her eyes at this point. "You plan your marriage with someone else yet you continue to use me, is that how low you think of me?"

"Thea-"

"No!" she finally pushed away from him. "I won't hear any of it!" His eyes widened when he saw tears finally escape her eyes.

"Deny it that you aren't supposed to get married! Deny it that your marriage is a fake!" She scoffed when he wouldn't say anything. She buried her face in her hands and cried. He swallowed nervously unsure if what to tell her now.

"If you would just listen for a mome-"

"Get out," she said as calmly as she could, letting go of her face.

"Thea, let me explain!" He blurted out.

"What more do you want to say to me Ashton?" She found the courage to stare at him. "What more do you have to do to make me properly understand that I was a fool," she stated. "I don't know...what you want to make of me." She said.

"My wife Thea, you are going to be my wife. You are mine!" He blurted out desperately.

"And yet in two weeks time, you wed another." She said weakly. "I don't understand."

"She lied to my mother and father and now they want to force her on me." He said tremulously. "You know I can't love someone else the way I love you. I can't be with someone else, don't you get it, you're it for me. I hate that this is wanting to bring a rift between us but I need you to be strong for us. Nothing will tear us apart, nothing."

Staring into his eyes with her tear stained own, she saw the truth in them. The same look of love she wanted to see everyday. She rushed into his arms, weeping and his arms embraced her desperately.

Few minutes back, he was scared. Scared that they had finally succeeded in taking the love of his life far away from him. She was his life. He couldn't think of a future with someone else. He didn't want his heart returned yet and he wouldn't be needing it back for a long while. It was far more safe where it was, in the hands of his beloved.

"I thought we wouldn't be together again, I thought I lost you forever." She blurted out, sniffing mildly. He patted her back in comfort.

"I won't let you lose me Thea, remember it's us against the world." She nodded frantically.

"I thought that she had taken you away from me," Thea said.

He took her arms gently and pulled her away from his chest so he could see her face. "No one, can take me away from you. I meant it when I said that I don't remember the value of existence when you are not with me. You know, no matter how hard I tried to hate you months ago, I ended up admiring your picture every night before I went to bed, I couldn't bring myself to hate you no matter what I thought." She sniffed.

"Remember this, my heart is here," he squeezed her palm slightly against her chest. She hugged him again and he gave a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry,"

"Yah? For what?"

"I don't know, everything is just too much for me. I don't think I can bear it anymore." She sobbed loudly. "First my father left us, then my mom died, then they try to take....to take you away from me,"

"It's alright, I'm here. I'm not going to leave you Thea you know that." He soothed her with his touch. "It's the promise I make to you, are you listening to me?" She nodded frantically again and he held her tightly.

"Do you want to lie down for a moment?" She nodded again, her voice too hoarse to use. "Come with me,"

"Okay." He took her with him to her room and they laid there together silently, listening to each other heart beat.

"You do know," he started aiming to get rid of the quiet air, "that I'll deduct your absence from your salary." She snorted, a smile now forming on her features.

"Oh really now," she teased. "Can I change your mind about it?"

"Well there are some things you can do to clear the air, but I only gave to you and not anyone else, the privilege. You should do well with it." She chuckled lowly. Shifting to stare at him now, she smiled genuinely.

"Thank you,"

He kissed her affectionately on her lids which she shut gladly, welcoming his touch.

"Believe me when I say I'll do anything for you. You, Thea are everything to me. I hate seeing that you shed tears because of this Thea. Believe me when I also say, I'll make them pay for this, for everything."