36|with a lot of

Tap!

Ashton looked up from the file he was holding to stare at the lady walking around his work space. A mini-library to be precise.

"Which one will I pick?" She muttered to herself. His attention went back to the documents in his hand. His own moved, as if signing something then he let it down in the table again.

"I think this one is better-"

He cleared his throat intruding in the conversation she was having with herself. "You won't find anything interesting in there, I am not a fan of romance novels."

"Oh my, as if I didn't know." She picked a random book from the shelve and sat before him crossing her legs.

"You want to read in here?" He asked her in surprise.

"Can't i? Is something here that I'm not supposed to see? Do you do something in private that-"

"Just stop,"

"But,"

"You can read in here if you want, I was only asking." He cleared his throat before getting occupied again.

"Do you think I should get my hands manicured?" She said after a while.

"Since when do you even do those things?" He asked.

"Are you saying that I shouldn't or I can't and you won't let me?"

"No, no, of course not. Do whatever you like. My money is yours, I ought to be glad that you finally willingly agree to use my money." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm bored,"

"I know that," he rather replied still busy with what he was doing.

She sighed. "Then I'll just go shower all by myself." She stood, walking out of his office.

"Is that you telling me to come join you?" Thea didn't reply and he put on a knowing smile, thinking that she should be annoyed by now.

---

"I am Mrs. Jones, I sell at the market." The old woman told Mr. Peterson.

"You said you saw this man, at the market."

"I did, I saw him and I recognized him from the posters they hung on the streets." Mrs. Jones said. Peterson looked at Samuel who watched the woman.

"Woman, are you sure it was him?"

"I said I saw him, he was hasty to leave when he saw that I recognized him." It was then Samuel turned to look at Peterson who met his stare half way.

---

"Arghhh!" The piercing scream itched his ear badly that he flinched. When he recollected himself, he raised himself from his chair in alert.

"Thea?"

He was at the bathroom door in a jiffy. Knocking hurriedly, he said. "Thea? Open up."

"Ouch!"

"Thea what happened in there? Open up!" The door opened swiftly and Ashton barged inside only to be pulled against the door as it shut behind him.

"I was thinking," she started without n ounce of pain in her features. "That I really needed some company in the bathroom, don't you think so too?"

"Fuck Thea, you lured me in here to seduce me?"

"If it means getting what I want." He gave her a look of surprise. "Don't be surprised, you did the same not long ago," she kissed him on the neck and he swallowed, his hands holding tight to her waist.

"Thea stop, this isn't the-" his breath hitched in his throat as she kissed his adam's apple.

"This isn't the right time? Tell me Ash, you are going to resist all these?" For the first time, he took a proper look at what was before him.

"Thea," husky as it could get, he said. Taking his hands around her waist, she inched closer to him.

"Kiss me Ash, forget everything and kiss me." He didn't need to be told twice, he locked his lips with hers immediately. Turning the both of them, he pressed her against the door and she kissed him back wildly.

The sound of their moans filled the room blocking all other sound from it's source and the walls of the bathroom, helping the noise echoed further. Further that they couldn't hear the phone ringing in the adjoining room.

---

"He isn't picking up," Samuel said to Peterson.

"Try again, he has to pick up." Peterson said him as he paced around the room.

"Pick up, pick up!" Samuel muttered to himself as the line rang and rang until the response timed out.

"Why isn't he picking up?" Peterson asked and Samuel sighed. Without wasting much time, Samuel he walked out of the office in haste.

---

Thea giggled uncontrollably when Ashton nibbled her ear playfully. Hands at her side pinning her down, he nibbled again and chuckled along with her when she couldn't stop laughing.

"Stop it," she chimed.

"You finally had your way, didn't you?" 

"That serves you right for working all day," she played with the chain on his neck and he watched her attentively.

"What do you say we get married in Vienne?" She paused her movements before raising her eyes to meet his.

"You mean it?" She asked with a hint of happiness in her voice.

"Why would I joke with something like that?" He leaned closer to her and she never took her eyes off him. "Let's get married," he said anything. "No matter what happened, we have overcome them all Thea and I'm ready to fulfill all my promises to you."

"Ash,"

"Tell me Thea, will you marry me?" She nodded with her hesitation, tears filling her eyes immediately.

"Yes! Yes, I'll marry you. I'll be with you forever Ashton." His smile broadened when she hugged him tightly. Taking her hand in his, she released him. He kissed her hand longingly before wearing her finger a beautiful glittering ring. Staring at the ring made her remember the time she returned the ring back to him.

"Here, give this back to Ashton for me,"  Samuel stared at the ring without emotion.

"Thea, will you be alright?" That question rang in her ears for a long time. She never was really okay.

"This time Thea, we will get married, no matter what." She nodded frantically, shutting her eyes allowing the tears that gathered to spill.

His elbow supported him as he received another of her hug. "I don't want anything to go wrong this time, I really want to be with you Thea, forever."

"And I, you Ash. I love you so much." She told him.

The phone ringing interrupted their moment and Ashton turned to the source, it was coming from his office.

He looked at Thea who willingly released her grip, silently telling him to go. Reaching for his trousers abruptly, Ashton stood from the bed. He walked into his office to receive the call.

Thea stared at her hand with a smile on her face. Her hand had grown undoubtedly finer and different. She looked over to the oath Ashton had just taken, only to see him coming in.

"Be quick, we need to go to the hospital," Ashton said and Thea sat up abruptly.

"Hospital?"

"Yes, Samuel was involved in an accident."