38|and restricted happiness

Thea stirred in her sleep, but she was restricted in her movements. She winced in pain as her vision now became clear after being blurry and weak.

"Hmm, you're awake." That deep voice made her pause. She turned in alert to the source of the voice. She sat up, dragging herself backwards till her back connected with the wall.

"Jace," she whispered to herself and the hair at the back of her head stood.

"Hello to you too, Thea." Jace said.

Thea's eyes widened when she was connected to. "Jace, Jace please..." she now reeked of sweat and her fingers trembled in fear. Her trembling lips tried to go the words, "bomb."

Layers and layers of fuel were connected to her chained wrist.

"Jace, please let me go. I didn't do anything to you. I...." Her voice broke. He did nothing but stare at her trembling form.

"Do you like my present? I knew it would surprise you when you woke up."

"Jace, a bomb? Where did you....You have a bomb?"

"I have my ways Miss Kennedy, it wasn't for you at first but recently I weighed opinions and chose the better one. I can't get close to any of Ashton's major investments. Imagine my reputation crumbling to the ground the moment I made a huge loss."

"But I didn't have anything..to do.... with it. I'm ...I'm... innocent Jace. Just let me go,"

"It was all a clever move you guys made there, putting me in jail. So sad for you I didn't remain there."

He walked around her. "Did you know," he started again. "That I thought about killing you once. If I could almost do it once, I could actually succeed a second time. But that would have been terrible and decrease Claire's chances of getting what we both want."

"Everything we planned," Jace scoffed. "Ruined," he completed. "All because of you!" In one swift moment, he had her neck in his hands trying to strangle her.

"No," he suddenly decided. "I won't kill you." She coughed trying to regain her lost breaths. "I won't ruin my plans. I'll make sure he sees you in pieces Thea Kennedy. I'll start with you then ruin the rest of them all. He doesn't know who he's dealing with."

"Please," Jace swept her hair away from her face. I know why he's smitten with you. You're beautiful, it's a pity though, it's going to waste."

All of a sudden he was up completing his steps around here.

"You know," he started again, "All the while I spent in jail, do you want to know what I found out? I found out that Ashton would have actually agreed if you weren't in the picture. I don't even know why I didn't kill you months ago! You should have died in that accident with your baby, yet I spared your life. I saved you!"

"You...you were the one that tried to kill me?" Thea stammered. The picture flashed in her memory, the familiar eyes when the the car drove off.

"I spared your life once Thea and now I'll take it away."

---

Ashton groaned on pain. He winced in pain, clutching his head. He slowly raised his head from the steering wheel. Staring at his hands now, his eyes widened in surprise at his bloody hands. He turned immediately to where Thea was supposed to be seated to find her gone.

"Thea," he managed to sputter weakly. He was able to grab his phone out of his pocket weakly. "Thea,"

He dialled Mr. Peterson number, it dialed till the response timed out. For the second time, he tried again but he wasn't picking.

He cursed. He scrolled through his contact with his bloody hand and stopped when he saw the contact details of someone. Contemplating mildly, he dialed Zachary's number.

"Ashton?"

"Hello Zachary, Thea's missing."

---

Andrew drove down the road till he came to stop at a strange uncompleted building, many steps high off the ground. He eyes darted to the truck that was besides the building.

Coming down from his own car, he shut the door as quietly as he could and walked towards the direction of the car. It was the same truck that he had been following for a while.

He felt the body of the car slowly moving to the driver's door. He raised his head cautiously to find the driver's seat empty. He looked away from the truck only to find the gate leading to the large unfinished building slightly opened.

Andrew walked as quietly as he could, he didn't know where he should look first. It was a coincidence witnessing an accident few hours to Ben's birthday.

He promised his best friend that he was going to be there for him. Even though he had nothing to do with this city anymore. Instead of heading straight for his best friend's birthday party that was going to start in four hours, he decided to help the victims of an accident.

That piercing scream was one so very familiar. Rushing to the other side of the road, he saw the bashed car and the driver to be someone tho he never grew to know. Rushing to the driver's door, he opened it to help him out. Screaming help in the bloodied night couldn't do any good. He paused when he raised Ashton's hand over his shoulders, when he noticed that the car almost smelt feminine. Searching around anxiously to confirm his thoughts, his eyes landed on Thea's phone.

"No," After a quick contemplation, he decided to go after the one person that stole his heart. He couldn't let anything happen to her, no matter what.

Here he was, climbing the stairs of the building stealthily to avoid being noticed. The person that had her shouldn't know that he was here, to rescue her.

The hallway reaked of dust and lack of space. Metals lying here and there on the floor, almost like a construction site. The night making it hard enough to see but with the security lights around the area, it wasn't that dark.

He walked passed the dark corner where dark boots stood in alert. Andrew looked around for any sign of a door. The quiet environment made his hair stand in alert.

He heard sounds but before he could turn, something hit the back of his head and he fell on his knees with a thump.