16|making them

"I think I remember the name of the man,"

Samuel hesitated before knocking on the door for the second time. The door finally opened, revealing the same woman he had rejected.

"You came back," she said to him and he frowned.

"Trust me it wasn't my intention," he muttered to himself and she raised a brow in curiosity. "Well can I come in?"

Her reply was to leave the door ajar and walk in. She folded her hands under her breast as her fingers tapped on her elbow, nervously.

"Why did you come back? Didn't you find out who it was?" She forced a smile.

He seemed to notice this nervousness. He planted his hands into his pocket and gave her a reply. "No, I didn't. That's why I'm here." He said to her.

She nodded in understanding. "Is that the only reason why you came?" She asked with the little hope.

"Should there be any other reason?" He asked with his brow raised in confusion. She sucked in a breath before clearing her throat.

"Dawn-"

"Zachary Phillips" She said to him. "His name is Zachary, as I told you before." Samuel walked closer to her now, eyes watching her as he thought.

He asked, "What did she tell you in particular?"

"She didn't say much that day, she just said that someone she really liked and haven't seen for quite a while came back asking after her, and she said his name was Zachary."

"What else?"

"She said something about her affection towards him since college but he was out of the city the minute she told him of this brewing affection." Dawn shrugged. "Later he was back asking after her and then, they become a thing."

Samuel nodded. This meant two things. One being that, Samson was the other man and the other, this Zachary must have had something to do with her disappearing.

"Does-"

"That's all I know, I need you to leave now, I have somewhere to be." Her eyes darted to the floor when she said this. He nodded and retreated in his steps slowly.

"Thank you so much, Dawn." He said before finally turning and walking out of the door.

When the door closed, she sat down stealthily, hands under her chin for some seconds before turning to stare at the door.

What was she even thinking, that he would visiting with the intention of seeing her?

"Dawn you're so stupid!" She hushed to herself.

---

"Thank you for the ride." Thea said. "Oh my gosh I got your chair all soaked."

"It's not problem actually," he said to Thea.

"Thank you once again, I'm sorry for the inconveniences." Thea said to him.

"Not at all, you should be bothered about yourself, you might come down with a cold and that's only because you didn't think to buy an umbrella when you saw it was about raining." He said.

"About that, I just got so occupied with things at the hospital that I didn't even see the weather change." He forced a smile.

"Fine then..."

"Thea," she replied. "Thea Kennedy,"

He thought for a moment. "Wait a minute," Thea almost rolled her eyes. "'The' Thea Kennedy?" The man asked in curiosity.