#3; The Fight That Changed Everything

It's the next morning, I ate some bread and walked outside. There was police officers at Jeff's house. I walked up to them, not knowing what to expect. I saw Jeff's mother standing in the doorframe, she didn't look happy.

As I approached them I saw Jeff standing behind his mother. She looked really angry. I decided to stand next to the door outside.

"What happened?" I asked, Jeff's mother looked furious and didn't answer. The police officer answered anyway: "We found 3 boys, 2 stabbed 1 with bruises on his stomach. Jeff looked at the floor. "Mom, they were the ones trying to stab Y/N, Liu and me."

"So you were the girl running away with them?" The other officer asked. "Yes sir." I answered looking at the ground.

"It was me, I knocked out those kids. They tried to stop me, but they couldn't." The cops looked at each other and nodded. "Okay, probably a year in Juvy..."

"Wait!" I said, they looked at me, "It was me, not Jeff, he's innocent!" They looked from me to Jeff, and back to me. 1 walked to me to try and figure out if I was lying or not. "You don't have to lie little girl, we know it was him." Pointing at Jeff. I shaked my head, trying to hold back the tears.

"It was me." We heard Liu say. We looked up at him and saw he was holding a bloodstained knife. The cops pointed there guns. "I have proof I was the one fighting with them." He said as he showed us the bruises and cut wounds on his arm. I was shocked.

"Boy, lay down that knife." Said the second officer. Liu did his hands in the air and walked to the officers. "No Liu it was me!" Jeff yelled, tears rolling down his face. I walked up to him and hugged him. I felt his tears fall in my H/L H/C hair, my E/C eyes also started tearing up.

"Poor brother. You try to take the blame for something I did. Bring me away, officers." He said, and the officers took him to there car.

"Liu tell them! Tell them! I knocked those punks out!" Jeff rushed to the car that was already driving away. I stood there next to his mother with tears in my eyes. "Jeff you don't have to lie, we know it was Liu. Please stop." I stayed with Jeff as his mother got inside.

A couple minutes later his father came home, when he saw Jeff's face he knew something was wrong. "Son, son what's wrong?" Jeff couldn't answer, his throat hurts too much to answer. His mother answered in his place. He was still crying on the driveway. I had an arm around his shoulders, trying to comfort him.

After an hour Jeff went inside and I went to my own home. Both still trying to progress what happened.

-=time skip 2 days=-

The past 2 days I haven't heard anything from Liu nor Jeff. Jeff stayed in his room for 2 days and allowed no one in, so I'd often sit against his bedroom door and talk to him until I had to go. He was sad and he felt guilty.

It's Saturday today, the day of Billy's birthday party. I got ready in the bathroom as my mom made sure the house looked perfect. I really hoped Jeff would come too.

After an hour or 2 the house was full with people; parents and kids. I stood in the front garden with a little kid around 4 years in my arms, it was a little brother from a friend from Billy. I saw Jeff and his parents coming to us. Jeff stayed with us and his parents went inside.

I putted the little boy down and walked to Jeff, I hugged him and he hugged me back. "Thanks for coming." I said. I felt him smile.

I pulled back and said that I was going to get some drinks. When I came back I saw him in a cowboy hat and a plastic gun, playing with the little kids. I leaned against the door frame drinking out of my glass. I giggled and Jeff looked at me with the biggest smile I've ever seen.