#18; Purple Petal

-=POV; Y/N=-

Tears formed in my eyes as I saw Toby, his lifeless body laying in father's arms. He looked happy, relieved.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I couldn't safe him." Jeff cried. "It's okay, Jeff. You did what you could." I said, letting a tear drop in Jeff's messy hair.

"We're gonna give him a funeral, tomorrow at sunrise. Do you think you'll be able to get there?"

I nodded at him, and walked with Jeff to my room. "Can you tell me what happened?" I asked him. He nodded and told almost the whole story.

"Maybe if I tell you the whole story you feel like throwing up."

I placed my hand on his cheek. "I can see it on your face it was rough. I can handle it Jeff, just tell me."

(-=A/N=-

ANYONE SEEING THE SONG REFERENCES HERE? HMM?? 👀

shut up.

-=A/N=-)

After he told the whole story I was impressed, sad, confused and angry. Toby gave his life, for me. Why would he do that? Tears started to form in my eyes. "We should go to sleep." I said, wiping my tears away.

Jeff layed me down, he was leaning over me. "Go to sleep." He said, I giggled and he kissed me forehead. How this boy made me feel inside, jeez.

He wanted to walk away but I grabbed his hand, "Can you please stay with me?" I asked. He smiled and nodded. I smiled and made place for him. Snuggled up in each other we fell asleep.

-=time skip to the next morning=-

Everyone was dressed in black, the guys black suits and the girls black dresses. Everyone cried. I stood close to Jeff as Toby was getting layer in his grave.

"... And with that, may your soul live through our hearts and mind, may you never be forgotten. Your story will be told."

And that was it, Toby was in his grave. I never was able to see him again, I never was able to talk to him again, I never was able to kill with him... The old times were gone, I lost my best friend.

Everyone laid a flower on the grave. When it was my turn I stayed a little longer. "Y/N?" I heard Jeff behind me. "I'll be there soon, just give me a minute." I said, wiping another tear away. Jeff nodded and walked back inside.

I made sure no one was around. I knelt down and took a bottle with a strange purple liquid inside of it. I poured it over the grave, chanting the words:
"May your soul be free,
May you roam the world again,
May you spirit live along,
May I talk to you again."

A strange purple fog swirled up from the grave. It turned into the spirit of Toby. He was back, he was here. He landed slowly down on his feel, looking at his hands.

"Y/N?" He asked, he didn't have any stutters or tics. He was surprised by it. "Toby!" I said. He tried to hug me but went straight through me. "What the-?"
"You'll only exist in the fog, you'll be gone again when the sun is fully rised." I said, trying to hold back tears. "I needed to say my last goodbye." I said trying to smile instead if cry, but it wouldn't work out for me.

Toby glided over to me. "It's okay."
"Why did you do it? Why did you give your life for me?"

He became quiet.

"It was the least I could do. I tried to break you and Jeff apart, I was... Jealous. I'm sorry I did all of that. I wanted to do something for you, I let Jeff survive in turn of my life. You deserve it, you really do serve a good life with him. I'm sorry."

By that the sun was rising fully and Toby slowly disappeared. "Toby! No! Wait!" I screamed, running over to Toby. He weakly smiled and waved at me. "Bye, Y/N. We'll meet in another life." And by that, he was gone.

"Toby no! Stay with me! Please!" I yelled, falling to the ground. A single purple rose petal fell down from the place he had been. I picked it up carefully and went inside. Straight up to my room.

I made a neckless out of it; it was a black round necklace pendant and the necklace itself was black as well. There was a little bit of F/C coloured water in it with the purple petal in the middle.

Like this Toby would always be with me.

-=A/N=-

ELLO PEEPS! :,D
I CRIED
I LITERALLY CRIED AND I HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL
I DIDN'T WANT TOBY TO DIE!

then why did you do it?

I DON'T KNOW!

everyone was crying you know.

I'M SORRY 😭