Ash's New Companions

3rd Person POV

The next morning, Ash and the others found themselves outside of Professor Sycamore's Lab, where they had spent the previous night.

"Thanks for everything, Professor," Ash said gratefully.

"Yeah, you've been a huge help," Dawn added, smiling warmly.

"No need to mention it. And by the way, have you two gotten a Kalos region Pokédex yet?" Sycamore inquired.

"No," Ash replied, shaking his head.

"Well then, here you go," Sycamore said, handing Ash a red Pokédex and Dawn a light blue one. "Good luck on your adventures, you two."

"Yeah! Come on, Dawn!" Ash exclaimed eagerly, turning around and starting to head out into the city. However, he abruptly stopped when he was hit in the face with some Frubbles.

"Gah!" Ash exclaimed, stumbling back. He shook his head and saw Froakie at the gate with a Poké Ball in front of it.

The Pokémon rolled the Poké Ball towards Ash and waited expectantly for a response.

"It seems that Froakie has taken a liking to you, Ash," Sycamore remarked with a grin.

"You wanna come with me?" Ash asked, smiling at Froakie.

Froakie nodded enthusiastically.

"Well then, welcome to the team, Froakie," Ash said warmly, picking up the Poké Ball. He held it up and tapped Froakie with it, causing the Pokémon to get sucked in. The Poké Ball instantly gave a 'ding,' confirming that Froakie had been caught.

"Well, that was interesting," Ash remarked with a shrug. "Wait, before I leave, do you know where the nearest Pokémon Gym is?"

"It's right here in Kalos. The Prism Tower," Sycamore replied with a laugh.

"We're going to the gym, too," Clemont chimed in. "You guys wanna come with us?"

"Sure," Dawn agreed, nodding.

So, after waving goodbye to Professor Sycamore, Ash and the gang made their way to Prism Tower.

"So, I have a funny story," Clemont began. "You see, Prism Tower's Gym Leader is actually a robot. Its name is Clembot."

"That sounds kinda like your name, Clemont," Ash said, chuckling.

Clemont blushed in embarrassment.

"So...um..." he continued, stuttering slightly.

"The robot malfunctioned and took over the Gym from Clemont. He used to be the Gym Leader, but he's a failure, so he lost against his own invention. So now we're basically homeless, and Clembot won't let us back in until Clemont defeats it," Bonnie finished.

Ash blinked, processing the information.

"That doesn't exactly sound fun," he said sympathetically.

"You think?" Dawn said, rolling her eyes playfully.

"That's not the worst part. I had to leave too because of Clemont's incompetence. If only I had decided to get my Pokémon when I was 10. Then I could've actually done something," Bonnie said with a scoff.

"Now, Bonnie...I didn't totally get beaten during my battle," Clemont said, chuckling nervously.

"Right, you got completely smoked," Bonnie said, sighing dramatically.

"Well, let's go fight Clembot. Then we can get your gym back," Ash offered, determined to help his new friends.

Clemont shook his head ruefully.