Some New Recruits

Serena POV

It was my first time on the road by myself. I had Fennekin in my arms, and we were walking to Santalune City, where Ash was going according to Professor Sycamore. I had no clue why I was going there. Ash probably wouldn't even recognize me, and I wasn't sure what I would do when I saw him.

But, alas, I had no other plan, so I just kept walking. It was starting to become pretty dark, and there was no Pokémon Center nearby.

"I think we might have to camp for the night, Fennekin," I said, looking around. Then, I saw several Bug-type Pokémon on the ground, looking at me. The sight made me reconsider the thought.

"Then again, maybe not," I said as I pulled out my map. Based on where I thought I was, we were about 30 minutes from the nearest Pokémon Center.

"Well, I guess we just make a run for it then."

With that, I started running, trying to make it there before dark.

3rd Person POV

The next day, Ash and the gang woke up from the camp they had set up the previous night. While they were eating breakfast, Pikachu spotted something orange nearby.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said, pointing to a small creature.

"Hey! Look over there!" Bonnie said, her eyes lighting up with curiosity.

The Pokémon ran over to the group and started giving off sparks. They came onto Pikachu, who seemed to absorb them effortlessly.

"Hey, check it out. What's that Pokémon?" Ash asked as he pulled out his Pokédex.

"Dedenne, the Antenna Pokémon. Its whiskers serve as antennas. By sending and receiving electrical waves, it can communicate with others over vast distances," the robotic voice of the Pokédex said.

"Wow, that's pretty cool," Dawn said, bending down to look at the tiny Pokémon.

"Clemont! Can you keep it for me, please? I really want it. I promise I'll take good care of it!" Bonnie pleaded.

"I dunno, Bonnie. If you wanted a Pokémon, you should have asked Professor Sycamore for your starter Pokémon," Clemont replied.

"Once we get back to Lumiose," Bonnie said. "Can you just keep it for me until then?"

Clemont sighed. "I guess. Let's catch Dedenne."

"Yeah! Here, Bonnie, I'll show you how to catch it," Dawn said as she handed Bonnie a Pokéball. "Okay, so first, we have to weaken it. Piplup, use Bubble."

Piplup sent a weak Bubble attack at Dedenne, which got hit and flew back.

"So now, you just throw a Pokéball at it," Dawn finished.

"Okay, here it goes," Bonnie said, her excitement palpable.

She threw the Pokéball, but it was destroyed by an attack from the trees.

"Huh?" Ash said as he looked up. On a branch was an orange and white-colored bird Pokémon.

"What Pokémon is that?" Dawn asked, tilting her head in curiosity.

"It's a Fletchling," Clemont replied, adjusting his glasses.

"Guys! Dedenne's gone!" Bonnie said in a defeated voice.

"Wha—Oh. I'm not sure if we'll see it again," Clemont replied. "It's alright, you can get another Pokémon."

Bonnie sighed, her disappointment evident.