4

Within the hour, I had won 3 games and he had won 2. I was little rusty. I had plenty of beer in me and whiskey was my next option. It was Friday, I didn't have to work tomorrow unless I was called in, which rarely happened.

I sipped on a few Maker and Diets while the rest of them got into a pissing match of taking shots.

"Y'all better wrap it up, we gotta work tomorrow." Lloyd stood up from the bar. Colby started to stand up but wobbly sat back down.

"In a minute." He said.

I chuckled at his clumsy and drunkness. I felt a hand come from behind me and rest on my hip. I looked back over my shoulder and saw Kayce looking down, smirking at me. I leaned back into him a little.

We all made our way back to the truck to head back. Instead of squeezing four across, I made myself comfortable on Kayces lap.

They dropped us off at the cabin and then headed down the hill. We made it inside the door. I took my shoes off, stumbling slightly. My feet were killing. Kayce leaned against the kitchen counter, watching me.

"Can I help you?" I giggled.

He shrugged,"Just looking."

"At?" I walked up to him slowly.

"The most beautiful thing I've ever seen." He said quietly with a serious face. I reached out and smoothed down the denim shirt on his chest. He looked down at me. No smile or smirk or anything. Just the deep brown eyes melting into mine. I blinked slowly up at him. "If you keep looking at me like that, I'm might have to break that promise."

I smiled. "Sorry." I took a step back. "Guess I'm kinda asking for it." I made the comment before I even realized what I said out loud.

He stood up straighter. "No. The only time you're asking for it is if you ask me for it. You understand?" His eyes were full of concern and worry. I nodded. "I don't want you to feel like that. Or think like that. Not here." He shook his head slowly. "Not with me."
He released a breath.

It only made me want him more. But this is only the third time I've seen him. It's too soon. I barely know him. I kept trying to tell himself.

I stepped back up to him and pressed my lips to his cheek. "Thank you."

He smiled a little and again, it was contagious. "I guess I better take you home before Hannah sends out the sheriff."

I giggled and agreed with him. The drive back was quiet but peaceful. He pulled up in front of the clinic. "I'll walk you up." He unbuckled his seat belt.

"It's okay. I'll make it." I unbuckled mine as well. He nodded.

"I don't even have your number." He spoke up as I opened the door.

"You know where to find me if you need me." I winked at him and jumped out of the truck.

He chuckled,"Alright... goodnight, Ada."

"Good night." I closed the truck door and made my way inside and upstairs.

I pushed open the door and made my way in.

"About time." Hannah was watching a movie in the living room, I was surprised she was awake.

I giggled,"Hannah... it was..." I had no words. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it.

"Was what?" She laughed.

I sighed and flopped onto the couch beside her. "I don't know. He's so... Just kind. And... and thoughtful. Just caring and kind and thoughtful." I shook my head and closed my eyes, remembering how he looked at me. Those eyes.