9

Beth drove me into town and dropped me off at the clinic. I was ready to spend time with Hannah.

When I walked into the loft, it was dark and quiet. She wasn't here. I tossed my purse up onto the kitchen island. She was probably with her dad.

I sighed and flopped onto the couch. My body was physically exhausted and my mind was mentally exhausted. Today was suppose to be my day off, my easy day. And it turned into one of the most stress days of my life. I let my eyes slowly fall.

"Honey, I'm home!" Hannah's voice awakened me from my nap.

I yawned loudly. "I didn't even notice." I wrapped myself up in a blanket and rolled over on the couch.

"Get up, silly!" She tossed a pillow at me. My black hair covered my face as I sat up. I flipped it around, trying to see.

"Whaaaat?" I groaned. She sat across from me on the loveseat, wide eyed and excited.

"Let's go bar hopping." She grinned.

I chuckled,"You haven't wanted to go for weeks, Han. And you pick tonight?" I yawned again.

"Yes! Which is why you can't say no!" She jumped up. "I'll start getting ready." And off she went.

She was right, I couldn't say no.

Hannah was always more excited about getting dressed up and getting ready to get out than actually going out. We'll go out around 10. Drink two beers at one bar, drink another two at a different bar and then she'll be ready to go home. So we'll order pizza and pick it up on the way home. Then at home we'll take off all the make up and fancy clothes and eat pizza and complain and make fun of the nasty men that tried talking to us at the bars. It was one of my favorite things to do with her and the reason we got along so well.

I put on a pair of tight Levi shorts and a simple red tank top. I threw on lots of jewelry- bing earrings, bracelets, and a bunch of rings. I decided on my "going out" boots as Hannah liked to call them. They were pointed toed, dark brown leather Corrals. I took such good care of them, they still smelled like leather two years after buying them.

Hannah wore nearly the same thing but black Levi shorts and a white tank top. Her make up looked perfect and so did her hair. I had her help tease and spray and curl my hair and then we were good to go.

The first bar was busy and full of life. Hannah let some guy buy us a few shots on top of the two beers she had already drank. We danced and sang and drank for a while but decided it was time to move onto the next bar. And I saw familiar faces when I walked in.

"Ada! Hey." Jimmy waved from the pool table.

"Hey!" I walked over to him and the rest of the guys. I looked for Kayce. No where to be seen. My heart sunk a little. "This is Hannah." I introduced her.

"Howdy." Ryan tipped his hat to her.

"Hi." She smiled back with a flirty look in her eyes. I smiled watching them.

"How many games have ya lost Jimmy?" I teased.

"Listen," He put his hands up,"Colby's mom has had me distracted all night-"

"It's not funny, Jimmy." Colby huffed.

I chuckled and caught eyes with Rip. He smiled and nodded to me. Then he walked over to me. "You want a beer?" He asked, with a smirking grin.

"Yeah." I smiled back.

"C'mon girl." He walked over to the bar. "Miller lite. And whatever she's got." He spoke to the bartender.

"Millers fine." I nodded. "Thank you." I took the bottle from the bartender and put it to my lips.

I looked over and Ryan and Hannah. He was trying to show her to play pool. And she was letting him even though she was better at it than I was. She was doing the same to him as I did to Kayce.