7

Water. I need water.

I opened my eyes and blinked a couple times. The room was freezing and dark. Nothing like the loft. I'm at Kayces still.

Fuck, I'm at Kayce's.

I scrambled, looking for my work cell. I scooped it up off the nightstand. No missed calls. I sighed, relieved.

My head ached a little so I rubbed my eyes and stood up. I was a little wobbly on my feet as always the next morning after I drank.

"Why the fuck are you sleeping on the couch?" I heard a females voice in another room. My heart dropped and raced at the same time. Who is this? I thought him and Monica were divorced. Is that Monica?

Oh, god. Oh, what do I do? I sat back down on the bed and tried to listen, but couldn't hear anything that Kayce was saying, if anything at all.

"Like the vet?" The female voice said again. Must not be Monica. Surely he wouldn't just tell her I was in here. Who is this then? Doesn't he have a sister? Maybe it's her.

I sighed and decided it didn't matter who it was. If they didn't like I was here, they would have to fight me in the shower because that's where I'm headed. I flipped on the light to his bathroom and looked around. Not bad. Not as bad as I thought anyway. Just a pair of dirty jeans in the floor and... oh God, no hand soap. Jesus.

I turned on the shower and stripped off my clothes. I let the water soak into me. I close my eyes and enjoyed it. It was peaceful here. Something about the whole place relaxed me and made me feel comfortable.

I was interrupted when the door opened. I almost froze, remembering the door was glass, but realized it didn't matter. He knew what his bathroom looked like and he can hear the shower running so if he chooses to open that door then he knows what's coming.

"Do you drink coffee?" He asked.

I slid open the door and leaned out. I watched him glance through the door to my body but quickly back to my eyes.

"If you have some I will." I smiled.

"Alright." He nodded and stepped out.

I giggled a little and finished up my shower. When I dried off some I stepped out. On the counter sat a pair of woman's athletic shorts, a big T-shirt, and a toothbrush. I smiled, then slipped on the clothes, wondering why he had a pair of womens shorts. I tried not to other think it and brushed my teeth quickly. When I opened the bathroom door, steam rolled out from the hot shower into the cold, dark bedroom. I could also smell coffee.

I followed the smell into the living room and kitchen. There was coffee in a mug on the counter by the coffee pot. I assumed it was mine and took a sip of the bitter liquid. It felt nice on my throat. I looked around for Kayce and noticed the screen door for the porch was open so I stepped outside. He sat in the rocking chair, just watching everything around. I couldn't help but smile as I watched him, wishing I could stand here and watch him all day. Per usual, he wore jeans that were lighter than when you buy them due to the wear. With it being a hot summer, he only wore a long shirt with a few buttons at the top that was tucked into his jeans. He was barefoot, pushing off the ground to rock the chair. And once again, no hat.

He sensed me standing there and looked over his shoulder to me. "Morning." He took a drink from his coffee.

"Hey." I nodded to him a little. "Not too bad out this morning."

"For now, suppose to get hot."

"Good swimming weather." I walked over and sat in the chair next to him.

"Swimming?" He asked, chuckling.

"Hell, if I was home in Texas, we'd go straight to the beach." I sipped more of my coffee.