A little while later, I decided I needed to take the truck back to Kayce. I was afraid to see him. Maybe he knew about Jake's horse and what happened. That man could see right through me if anything was wrong.

I took another shower once before I left, making my second one for the day. I let the cold water wash off everything. The blood, horse hair, and dirt. I tried scrubbing off the feeling of fear and terror that was instilled in me. I could have died today. Jake could've snapped and fired one, two, four, even six rounds into me. And everything would've been over then. It was hard to wrap my head around, almost dying. The worst part, I couldn't tell anybody. I wasn't able to vent and cry and worry to anyone else. If Jake found out I told anyone, he would come back to kill me. Especially, if I told Kayce. Kayce would have a hit out of that man.

When water wasn't helping anymore, I stepped out and changed into some Jean shorts and a tank top. It was too hot to wear anything else. I tied my hair up and popped on some mascara and fix my brows. That was it. Too damn hot outside for make up to be melting off my face.

The drive out to the Yellowstone was peaceful. It was a quiet road, not much traffic and on both side were fence filled with cattle. The Duttons cattle.

As I pulled into the driveway, I saw everyone gathered out side the bunkhouse along with Kayce. I parked beside them and got out.

"Hey." I walked up to Kayce, ignoring some of the looks I was getting from everyone else.

"Hey," He gave a small smile. "You ready?" He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows,"For what?"

"To go swimming." He got onto his horse and held out a hand for me. He smirked.

I chuckled and shook my head, but grabbed his hand.

It had been awhile since I had been on a horse just for the ride. I really missed it. Riding with Kayce was a whole new experience. He really knew how to control his horse. It wasn't a rough, bumpy ride, which is what I was expecting. I kept my arms wrapped right around his torso and rested my head on his back. It felt nice to be so close to him. I felt safe- something I didn't realize I was needing but made sense after the day I had today. Within thirty minutes or so, he slowed the horse by a small river.

He jumped off then helped me off. He was smiling a little. He looked happy. I hadn't seen this smile on him in a while. But I was glad to see it.

I took in the view around us. The mountains were a gorgeous blue and had little snow on them now after the few hot days. The ground were rockier here, considering the River was nearby. It was also loud but peaceful.

"It's not a beach, but it's the best I can do." Kayce reached out and grabbed my hand.

I smiled wide. He had listened to me this morning. "It's perfect." I leaned closer to him and reached up to peck his lips.

He held my face with his dirty hands and kissed me deeply. His lips were salty but soft. I couldn't get enough of him.

But he pulled away and started walking me to the stream. The closer we got, the more excited I got. Like a little kid antsy to play in the water.

I let go of his hand and peeled off my shirt. He looked back over his shoulder and chuckled then did the same. I tried not to stare but can't help it as I pushed down my shorts. I could hear the same of his belt and buckle being undone and the sound was like music to my ears.

I walked carefully over the rocks and into the cold moving water. It felt amazing. Better than any beach I had been to. I looked over at Kayce, who was just standing at the bank, watching me.