7 - Anger

We had journeyed down to the Great Elroe Labyrinth's Lower Stratum for the single purpose of retrieving an Earth Wyrm egg. We had found the egg, and though it was being held in a nest built by a Small Taratect, we easily dispatched of the nest and got the egg back, however the spider escaped around a trio of Elroe Randnels.

The creature was surprisingly intelligent, using the three monsters as a means of escape, however we ultimately paid it no mind, opting instead to simply dispose of the monsters and head back to the surface, but on our way back I could feel an all too familiar sensation. I was being appraised, but not by any of my colleagues. I had readied my sword, quickly turning around to find... a "Unique Elroe Hanaphio"? And a Knight Greym, the larger of the two having one of its front claws petrified.

I alerted my party of the two, and with that, Tao, Geo and I rushed ahead, however, instead of standing their ground, the snake and rat retreated, with the snake riding on the Knight Greym's back. We picked up the pace and started catching up to them, however the snake somehow summoned runes that ejected a mysterious fog that quickly surrounded the three of us.

Hanji, one of our parties mages, had tried to warn us about breathing it in, however it was too late for that. I could feel the poison floating through my lungs like little blades. I had wondered if that was it for me, but then I felt a strong gust of wind blast through the tunnel, pushing apart the cloud of poison.

《Skill proficiency reached. You have acquired the skill『Poison Resistance LV1』》

The pain of the poison eased somewhat, and I found it a bit easier to breathe, the same couldn't be said for Tao and Geo however. They were still roiling, trying desperately to cling to life until Haku, our groups other mage, came forward to cast his Healing Magic on us, though it seemed like the other two had passed out.

I could feel the anger boiling up inside of me, cursing the creature for daring to harm my friends, and with all the strength I had left I pushed myself onto my feet and approached the snake's severed top half. The Knight Greym, though seeming torn on the matter based on the way its gaze shifted between me and the snake, fled down the tunnel.

Whatever, I thought, focusing onto the snake. I raised my sword, prepared to kill this thing for what it's done.

But then it created a rune over me, and I could feel an unbearable amount of weight added onto me. Heavy Magic. It had brought me down to my knees, after which, it launched forwards and... sunk its fangs into my throat.

.

〖Hakuja POV〗

The knight's body fell to the floor as my poison took away the last parts of his HP.

《Proficiency threshold has been reached. 『Unique Elroe Hanaphio』has risen from LV7 to LV11》

《All core stats have increased.》

《Skill proficiency level-up bonus acquired.》

Then came the familiar feeling of my skin shedding away, with the other half of my body regrowing.

《『Anger』has risen to LV4》

《『Taboo』has risen to LV6》

《『Heavy Magic』has risen to LV7》

《『Poison Magic』has risen to LV8》

《『Shadow Magic』has risen to LV6》

《『Magic Power Operation』has risen to LV10》

《『Magic Power Operation LV10』has become『Precise Magic Power Operation LV1』》

《『Magic Power Perception』has risen to LV10》