12 - Re-Exploring The Lower Stratum

《Skill proficiency reached.『Rest』has risen to LV4》

I'm so bored... It feels like I've been sitting here for days... According to Hakuja, I'm apparently sitting on some bat monster as a bat monster, so that's a thing. But other than that, not much has come up.

Every now and then I'd hear some chirps and clicks from the bat. In fact, I'd heard several, so I'm guessing I'm not the only one here.

Okay, no! That's it!!

What's up with you?

All this sitting around is mind-numbing as hell, that's what's wrong with me!

Well what do you want me to do about it? Far as I can tell I'm stuck on this bat thing until it decides it wants to move.

I don't care. Pry it open if you have to!!

Fine, fine. Geez...

I made my way blindly along the surface of the bat's body, until I eventually hit the edge. A wall of leather-like skin, most likely its wings.

So, what now?

Dude. I don't know. Just try something. Cut it to pieces if you have to!

Well, as far as I can tell, I have claws, so...

Here goes...!

I slashed at the giant bat's closed wing, but it didn't pierce or cut it. In fact, my claw sort of just slid off it. Hm... Maybe if I do it again?

I slashed again, and again, and again with the same result. My claw sliding off the bat's leathery skin. Hmm...

*kikikiki*

There that goes again. It was the same sound as every other time, but something was different about this one somehow. Is it saying something different this time?

A few seconds accompanied by some odd chirps later, and I could feel a slight shake in the ground below. I could feel the monster who's body I'd been resting comfy on moving, shifting around. And then--

Eh?

"Am I... falling?"

OH GOD, I AM!! I can feel the wind moving around me. Yup, I'm definitely falling!

FLAP YOU IDIOT!!!

I did my best to flap my wings and take flight, and it worked!

*PLAT!*

For a little while...

《Skill proficiency reached. You have acquired the skills『Flight LV1』,『Shock Resistance LV1』,『Impact Resistance LV1』and『Pain Resistance LV1』.》

"My everything hurts..."

《『Pain Resistance』has risen to LV2》

Alright, come on, walk it off, we've got shit to do.

Urghh... I'm not sure if you've noticed, Mr. I-Had-Night-Vision, but I don't have Night Vision!

《You currently have 9,900 skill points.》

Is that really all I have to do...

《The skill 『Night Vision LV1』 can be acquired by spending---

What the... It didn't finish?

《Skill proficiency reached. You have acquired the skill『Night Vision LV1』. 『Appraisal』has risen to LV2》