R1 - The Knight's Resolve

《Skill proficiency reached. You have acquired the skill『Running LV1』》

Ryoshi ran through the Labyrinth, his mind racing between his thoughts of going back to aid his scaled King and keeping himself alive. In the end, the fear drove him more than his loyalty.

《Skill proficiency reached.『Running』has risen to LV2》

So, he ran, ignoring the pain that surged through him with every movement, yet slaying whatever stood in his way, fueled by the horrible mixture of fear, guilt, grief and anger that stirred around his mind.

《Skill proficiency reached. You have acquired the skill『Pain Resistance LV1』》

《Skill proficiency reached. You have acquired the skill『Anger LV1』》

《『Running』has risen to LV2》

《Experience threshold has been reached. Knight Greym had risen from LV6 to LV7》

《All core stats have increased.》

《Skill proficiency level-up bonus acquired.》

《『Deadly Poison Resistance』has risen to LV10.》

《『Cutting Enhancement』has risen to LV9.》

《『Destruction Resistance』has risen to LV5.》

《『Shadow Magic』has risen to LV8.》

《『Poison Synthesis』has risen to LV6》

《You have gained skill points.》

Due to the unique conditions required to become a Knight Greym, the species was shrouded in mystery. It was in their nature to devote themselves to the one that named them and allowed them to grow stronger, but that didn't mean that they didn't have the instinct to preserve themselves. At times, should the Knight Greym encounter a foe that they deemed absolutely impossible to defeat, they would retreat. It was hard to fight instinct after all.

《Skill proficiency reached.『Running』has risen to LV3》

He ran, and ran, and ran some more, his ears ringing in the endless space of the Labyrinth. However, as the ringing died down, he was met with the sound of heavy clicks against the stone floor. His claw, long since petrified by the Elroe Basilisk's eyes, had been clacking all throughout his escape.

At that, his emotions only worsened. The stone that now surrounded his claw served as a reminder. He hadn't regretted the action. He gladly followed the order to attack the Basilisk, unquestioning and unwavering, even though he didn't know what the creature was capable of.

Despite the seemingly permanent loss of his limb, it still served as a memento to his King, alongside the name given to him.

《Proficiency threshold had been reached. You have acquired the skill 『Petrification Resistance LV1』.》

Eventually, after wading through a seemingly endless stream of vicious monsters, Ryoshi arrived at what he considered his home, the Greym Kingdom, hoping to hole up in one of the tunnel's segments and sort through his thoughts, however upon his arrival he was met with the claws of a fellow Greym stopping only inches from his eyes.

The Greym in question was similar to him. The same race, in fact, a Knight Greym. Hakuja had only given a name to him, he had gone through the tunnel's residents and made sure of it, hoping to keep his position at his master's side secure.

With that in mind, the appearance of a new Knight could only mean one thing, and said thing would make its presence known with the loud thuds it made with its feet.