15 - What Kind of Battle Is This?!

Well... That was gross.

Though Ryoshi's speech is broken in parts, it was still pretty easy to follow along with his story. The new King Greym, the Knight, and of course, his evolution. Once he got the Master Killer title all the conditions for him to become a Ruined Knight were met, and once he had finished "cleansing" the Kingdom, he rested for who-knows-how-long. The only time he woke up was when we got here.

His Rest skill is 2 levels short of evolving, so he must've been sleeping for a while. If he didn't move for anything, including food, then my only guess for how he's not starving is that Satiation skill he's got.

I guess scarfing down an entire kingdoms worth of monster meat would do that to you? I mean, considering what you told me about him, he didn't have the Satiation skill before. Especially not at LV3.

"Please forgive me, my Lord... I planned to cleanse all, but I could not keep going."

All? What does he mean by that?

"And by 'All', you mean...?"

"The... Lower Stratum. I think you called it. You said there were many who had harmed you, so I had planned to find them and kill them as well. I hoped to cleanse it all for your return, but..."

'Uhm- Wait, he was planning to take out the entire Lower Stratum? Like, all of it?!'

That's what I'm getting out of this...

'...Could he even pull that off?'

Doubtful. Sure his offensive stats bumped up a lot, but it was at the cost of his defense and resistance stats. There's tons of things around here that would tear him to shreds just as well as he would them... Basically, he's a glass cannon.

'Gotcha.'

"My Lord, please give me another chance! I promise that I can make up for this mistake!"

'Jeez, he's really into this... Uhm, Hakuja?'

Eh, let's see what he has planned.

...Why do I feel like it's gonna be something really dumb?

"...Alright, Ryoshi? How are you gonna make this up to me?"

I never was great at acting... I don't even know what he's "making up" for!

Regardless, that seemed to get a glint going through Ryoshi's beady, red eyes.

"Ah! Thank you, master! I promise not to fail."

...Here it comes...

"The Earth Dragon, Araba. I'll kill it first! Then move on to everything else!"

'And, there it is...'

Why did I feel like that was what he was going to say?

Pfft...

...?

HAHAHAHA!

Why is he...

Holy shit, I finally get what I sounded like now! Haha~! "I swear I'm gonna kill Araba!" Fuck, it sounds so much dumber out loud!

Is he going on another one of his rants or...?

"Uhm, Ryoshi, that's great and all, but let's be realistic for a sec here."

"My Lord?"

"Okay, so, say that you were a match for Araba. That's well and good, but, come on. Even if you were, it's not like he's just gonna pop up outta nowhe--"