Chapter 33

"Your room looks gorgeous!" Riley exclaimed to Lillian as she showed her sister the photos she took of the room.

Lillian frowned internally looking at the pictures.

That didn't seem like her room at all. She didn't have pink walls, the paint was barely hanging on in the room she lived in.

And it wasn't neatly arranged as well, it only had a bed and a rusted cupboard.

And not to mention the clothes!

"Can I ask you something?" Riley asked in a serious tone turning towards Lillian.

Lillian hummed, looking intently at the pictures. She suppose she got her own room after her mother woke up.

"Why did you never wear the clothes Vincent bought you?" Riley asked, hesitatantly. She was still trying to sort out her feeling towards him.

That took Lillian by surprise. Vincent bought her clothes? She thought her mother bought them for her over the years whenever she saw a dress that reminded her of Lillian. Never in a million years would she have thought that it would've been her father.

Wheels started turning in her head, trying to put pieces together. Why didn't he tell her that directly? Nancy?

'It must have been her.' Lillian thought with a internal sigh. 'She was my caretaker after all.'

She then turned to Riley to study her.

Her voice sounded unusual from her usual tone. Almost indecisive.

Riley looked like she was desperate for her answer.

"I didn't know." Lillian kept her answer short. She wanted to know more about her sister's emotions.

"So he didn't buy you the dresses?" Riley said in a quiet tone almost in a betrayed tone.

Was she-

Lillian mentally slapped herself for not noticing that Riley wanted to be part of their family. She has always wanted to know them!

"It's.... probably not his fault. He probably informed Nancy and she didn't tell me."

"Nancy? The woman I fired?" Riley asked confused, thinking deeply.

"Impressive." Totally unlike Lillian- the girl Riley was pretending to be.

"And the dresses were in your room." Riley said confused as if the whole thing was ridiculous. Like why would Vincent have to inform Nancy when she was RIGHT NEXT TO IT?

"I was in a different room." Lillian told her.

"Why."

"Why not."

Lillian didn't want her to hate anyone because of her, she didn't want to be the reason for any internal conflict in Riley.

This elated Riley, who couldn't stop thinking about becoming one big happy family.

"By the way who was the girl next to Max?" Riley asked in a cheerful tone- that Lillian was familiar with- unable to contain her smile.

"Red hair, freckles and brown eyes?"

"Yep." Riley affirmed.

"Lucy, likely."

~~~~~~~

"Hey mom." Riley greeted Laura before running past her.

"Hey- what the!" Laura exclaimed being caught off guard. She was happy inside, seeing her daughter express so much emotions which Laura thought was dead. It worried her before but now she was just happy.