Chapter 68

Lillian found her brother standing in the middle of her room with a cold expression when she left the bathroom.

She wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone or do anything. Who knew she'd be wasting the day she'd got from Stephanie sitting ideally at her parents place. Doing nothing, just drifting off to a faraway place til she didn't even know what she was thinking of.

"Why did you come back?" Her dear brother asked, in a tone she should now be familiar with a tinge of hardness in them.

Lillian didn't give him an answer, barely acknowledging his presence, she couldn't even process his words. His voice sounded distant, he was there but his voice came from a far away place.

The longer she stood infront of the bathroom door, the more the room appeared to be alien. A foreign land she had never stepped foot into.

"For mom? For dad? For inheritance?" He walked closer to her as he spewed his accusations in a sour tone, the wording bouncing off in the closed wall echoing back with invisible rings. It was too loud. Distant and different, but loud.

But as he spoke, the more distant her mind seemed to go.

Farther.... away. To a distant place. Where no one knew her. Where no one talked to her.

Where it was only her and her alone. No people.

She wanted to leave this place behind, where people were constantly giving her attention she didn't seek nor want.

She wanted to go home. Home.

"Did you come here, willingly. Or is someone else involved as well? To get her share of inheritence, perhaps?"

Inheritence. That was something everything fought over. Max had seen plenty of people lose their minds to scheme against their siblings to get the most.

The more Max opened his mouth, the more clouded Lillian's mind got. The voices got muddled up to an incoherent screech as they spoke at once, turning to an echoing ringing in her ears.

A inner turmoil not one could see. Nor hear.

'Is that what you think of me or is that all your family has to offer?' Riley would've retorted had she been here.

Riley......

Yes, she wanted to go back to her home she shared with her sister.

Or a deserted place. Where it rains half the year or a place near the beach.

Somewhere isolated, somewhere..... peaceful, calm and quiet. Somewhere serene. Where she could hear the water cascading down the waterfall.

"Cat got your tongue?" He sneered in contempt.

Cat... white fur that bites her when not given food. Lazy, attention seeker, likes men and turns docile and obedient at the sight of them. She will take her with her when she leaves.

Leave.

'So you won't ghost me again?'

The broken voice of the hopeful man resonated in the back of her head. Bringing her partially back to reality.

No, she can't abandon him.

"What's going on here?" Her mother chose the right time to stick her head into the room, first curious why the door was open now perplexed why her son was in her daughter's room with her back up against the wall.

"Just having a chat with my sister." He said in a cool voice, his mind concluding her silence for her guilt.

He wasn't going to make the mistake his father is doing. He wasn't going to just 'let her be' til she does something questionable.