Chapter 48

"Why don't we watch a horror movie?" Lillian suggested looking at Issac.

"Why don't you plan my funeral instead?" Issac replied in a dry tone. He was never a fan of that genre.

"I will let you hold my hand." Lillian said with a smile.

Issac playfully narrowed his eyes at her. 

"Which one are we watching? This one or this one?" Lillian said showing him two options on her phone.

"You just really want me to die." Issac said when he saw they both were listed horror slash thriller.

She giggled hearing his accusation.

"Are you that scared?" Lillian asked emphasized 'that'.

"Scared?" Issac snorted. Hell yeah! He was.

"I just don't want you to get startled. But if you want, we can watch that. Just know that I'm right behind you." Issac said, as Lillian got up from her place to put the movie on, laying on his side in the couch- patting at the empty space beside him for her to get in.

Lillian looked at him over her shoulder with an evil look before playing the movie.

~~~

"Eenie....meenie....miney mo." The girl in the movie said in a scared tone in front of the mirror in her room. She couldn't belive that she had summoned a demon when she was a child.

Issac tightened his grip on lillian's forearm and closed his eyes tightly, not wanting to see the ghost that- he was sure- appeared behind the girl.

"He looks cute." Lillian said, aware of her boyfriend's frieght.

Cute? Did she just say a ghost looks cute? Issac didn't know whether he should be jealous of the ghost and question her sanity.

Issac slightly opened one of his eyes only to shut it immediately.

That thing was not cute at all. It had burn scars all over it's face and looked terrifying with it's evil smile.

Ok, he is never letting her choose any movie from now on. He concluded in his mind.

Lillian's cat woke up from her sweet nap when the couple were watching the movie and waited for her food that she was always served after she woke up.

She waited for a few minutes before huffing and walking into the living room where the couple were laying on the couch.

Issac gained some strength to watch the movie when the scene changed.

The friend of the girl was looking at the girl shocked and before the girl could ask what was wrong, her decapitated head was rolling on the floor- making both the girl and Issac scream simultaneously and Lillian laugh.

Kitty choose that time to jump on Issac to ask him for food, spooking out Issac even more.

He felt something touch him and he screamed and kicked his limbs in fear, thinking that the ghost came out of the television to kill him- startling kitty, making her fur stand up and pushing lillian out of the couch- and ran out of the living room.

Lillian was laughing, clutching her abdomen as kitty complained about her boyfriend to her, Issac's scream could still be heard in the background.

~~~

Alex entered his house and immediately went to the living room in search of Riley.

He felt his heart race when he couldn't find her there and looked around when his eyes settled on his mother's room.