Chapter 47

Riley reached Alex's home right on time. They decided to meet up at his place where he will drive the both of them to a fancy restaurant where they will have their first date.

The guards let her in after verifying her identity with Alex since no one else knew her in that place and then informed her in an apologetic tone that he was held up with some work and asked her to wait for him inside.

The housekeeper looked at her curiously- and, not a very well disguised, disgust on her face- as she led Riley.

"You can stay here till Alex returns." The housekeeper said. The annoyance in her voice was evident.

Riley rolled her eyes and at on the sofa, watching her move across the room and finally disappear.

It didn't take long for Riley to feel bored and looked at the room where Alex's mother was staying.

Alex's words reverberated in the back of her head.

~~~

"I can't go out like this!" Riley said looking at the red batch he left on her body.

"Why not, everyone will know that you are mine." Alex said and winked at her

"Possessive." She said licking her lips, eyeing him from head to toe.

No. Stop it. You have to leave now. She chastised herself.

"I'm sure my mom had her makeup set in her room. One second I will get it for you."

"Your mom lives here?" Riley all but shrieked, her eyes widened in shock. She looked at her feet in embarrassment and could only hope that his mom didn't hear her.... sounds from last night.

Alex looked at her with amusement when he saw her cheeks turn pink and chuckled.

"Right next door." That didn't make Riley feel any better- if possible, it made her feel worse. Riley threw him a glare, Alex raised his hands in surrender in response.

"Don't worry. She's just barely hanging on, I highly doubt she even heard you." Alex said with a sigh. He was trying to hide his sadness with a smile- but it looked really painful.

"What happened?" Riley asked with genuine concern.

"My dad.. died two years ago.. and since then she had been like that. She talks to no one and doesn't come out of that room either." He said slowly in a hurtful voice as if it pained him to even talk about it.

Riley placed her hand on his cheek and gently caressed his face with her thump.

~~~~

Riley contemplated for a few minutes. Whether she should go in there and try to talk to her or to leave her alone and wait for Alex.

She then stood on her feet, taking heavy steps towards the room, unsure what she should do.

She was quite experienced in talking to quiet people, so experienced that some would talk just to tell her to shut up- but hey, better something than nothing!

She slowly opened the door and stepped inside. Stepping into the darkness of the room. It looked abandoned.

If she didn't know Alex's mother was here she would've thought no one lived there. It was cold, depressing and haunted.