Chapter 45

"Adrien would look adorable in this." Laura gushed out as she stuffed another set of cloth into the cart Riley was pushing.

Adrien, her 5 year old nephew she had never met, was going to turn 6 in a couple weeks. Just around the age of her niece.

Laura wanted Riley to tag along with her so they can bond while shopping.

"I love kids clothes." Riley said, dragging 'love', sarcastically.

Riley has often accompanied her mother when she wanted to buy clothes for her niece. Whenever she chose a dress for her niece, her mother would slap her hand away and put it back where she took it from- saying that it looks ugly.

Riley would narrow her eyes at her mother and complain why she'd even bother bringing her along when she won't let her choose a dress, only to be met with an eye roll.

And that woman had the nerve to ask her to choose 1 from the dresses she was holding and take EVERYTHING except the one SHE chose.

"Right!" Laura exclaimed, not hearing the sarcasm in Riley's voice.

Riley yawned and thought of how she should ask her mother, if she knew what happened to the other twin she gave birth too.

Did she miss her? Or did Vincent bury her existence? But how could she not know she gave birth to twins?

While she was speculating what could've happened, a pair of white wool onesies for 4 month olds caught her eye.

Someone left the onesies there in the toddlers department.

She was drawn towards it and pinched it with her fingers. It was so soft, Riley thought she was in heaven.

"Looks pretty, doesn't it." Laura said, looking at the onesie Riley was holding. She noticed Laura looking at the cloth in envy and regret.

Yea..... she didn't get to dress them up.

Riley nodded, in a daze. She pitied Laura. She couldn't imagine giving birth and to lose 15 years of her life, only to wake up and be surrounded by familiar faces with different personalities.

"I.... can totally picture twins wearing this." She said holding up the onesie.

Yep, it's official. She's insane.

Riley could see Laura hurting but still she went further to add fuel to the fire.

Round of applause for her, ladies and gentlemen!

"You know, when I was pregnant with you, I thought I was having twins." She informed Riley with a gentle smile as she looked at her now flat belly.

Riley looked at her, perplexed.

Thought? As in, she isn't aware she gave birth to twins?

"I used to drive your father insane saying the doctor was stupid." Laura said with a wide smile, reminiscing those days.

Riley chuckled.

"So.... was it twins?" Riley asked cocking her head to the side. She just wanted a verbal confirmation now.

Laura chuckled and shook her head,  looking at her daughter as if she grew two heads.

"Of course not. Tho it really felt like I gave birth to 2 children. You must've been really big."

Riley grimaced at that comment.

But she got the answer to her question. Now all she had to know was whether Vincent knew about her existence. And what exactly happened that day.