Chapter 43

"So...what are you planning on doing with it?" Riley asked after a few minutes, sitting on the chair across her.

"Give it to back to Vincent." Lillian said, still touching the small diamonds with the tip of her finger. It was safely kept, that much she could say.

"What? Keep it." Issac said, as if the thought of giving it back was ridiculous.

This surprised Riley, she thought he'd be the first to think it was a good idea but nevertheless Riley agreed. Vincent gave it to her- though she never received it, it was her's.

"It's his."

"That necklace is worth more the some people's life savings. If you ever run short of cash, you can just sell it." Issac shrugged his shoulders and sat beside Lillian as he explained making Riley look at him comically.

He had a point though.

She could give it back to Vincent but Issac didn't think it would affect him even a little bit, so she might as well keep it and make use of it.

"Lillian, it's yours. Nancy just never gave it to you." Riley explained succinctly as she passed a sympathetic look.

"It's my 16th birthday gift." Lillian said, resting her chin on her hand.

Riley's mouth formed into an 'oh' after hearing that.

Nancy probably stole everything after she left.

"Wait, if you had it then why didn't you take it with you when Vincent kicked you out?" Issac asked, confused.

Riley internally winced when she heard the reason Lillian came to live with them.

He kicked Lillian out, I can't have any feelings towards him. Riley chastised herself.

"I had no use for it." Speaking of, she still had to return the money she took from the debit card Vincent gave her.

She didn't even know why she bothered taking it knowing she won't use it, and she was right. She didn't touch a dime from that amount, leaving it to rot away in the bank.

"Well then make some use for it, cuz you- my sister- are gonna become a millionaire." Riley sang getting off the chair, feeling proud of her actions earlier that day.

Lillian looked blankly at her while Issac raised his eyebrow, waiting for her to elaborate.

"You didn't think I'd let just let her theft slide just like that now, did you?" Riley asked amused, with a grin, leaning forward- using her forearm for support- so she was directly infront of her sister's face.

"Give that to Vincent too." Lillian said, earning the siblings' incredulous look.

"You're crazy. Independent, but crazy." Issac said shaking his head, emphasizing on crazy.

"I know right." Riley agreed giving her sister a funny look, not believing what she just heard.

"By the way, did you know that Stephenie was Nancy's daughter?" Riley asked as if she still couldn't believe it.

Riley could now understand why Stephenie hated the rich. She totally learnt it from her mother. They both held a deep grudge against the rich.

"Stephenie? That obnoxious girl that tried to pick a fight with you?" Issac asked to which Lillian nodded.

She didn't expect them to be related, so it came as a surprise for her too.

"Again? She has nothing better to do." Riley said disgusted, her upper lip twitching in irritation, to which Issac vehemently nodded his head.