Chapter 46

"I don't really understand one thing though." Ethan said furrowing his eyebrows, confused, after a few minutes.

Riley tilted her head to the side as if to ask 'what?'.

"Why did they not call the police or anything when.... well... Lillian went missing. Or they couldn't find her. I mean, they never once thought in the past 8 years something might have happened to her?"

That's honestly a good question. Riley thought for a moment, searching for the right words to say.

"Well... it was for her own protection." She started. "Bad people also know that Lillian exists and if she was out of the house with no protection then she might turn into an easy target for those people who want to use her against Vincent.

So Laura had no choice but to bite her tongue. If she went to the police or hired a private investigator, the news would've leaked out and Lillian would've been in danger. Serious danger."

No one knows Riley too, but they do know she exists and is Benjamin's daughter. Only very few individuals her father trust knew her family personally.

~~~

Lillian felt a pair of hands snake around her waist and pull her into Isaac's chest, and stiffened before relaxing.

"I gave you a key for emergency." Lillian said as she mixed the dish she was making with a spoon.

They grew a lot closer since that night, one week ago and Issac had been coming over almost everyday.

Lillian didn't take the rest of the week off like her manager suggested, which Issac didn't like but knew he couldn't do anything about it so he could only sigh and pull her closer to him before telling her to take it easy.

"I missed my girlfriend." Issac said, pouting, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Don't you have an important meeting to get too?" Lillian asked. He had a meeting with one of his potential investors that day and Lillian didn't want him to waste his time on her when he could be going through what he had to say and his presentation.

"Hmmm. It was postponed." He said burying his face in the crook of her neck.

Lillian nodded her head in response.

The key hole turned and the door opened, revealing Riley- who was astonished to say the least at the sight that greeted her.

She stood there for a few seconds- which felt like hours- gaping at her brother flirting with his sister.

"What. Is going on here?" She choked out as soon as she found the words she needed.

Issac let go of Lillian, like he was on fire- startled by Riley's voice- and leaned against the counter with his chin resting on his hand. Pretending the whole scene didn't even exist.

Lillian looked over her shoulder, before concentrating on her dish again.

"Well." Riley urged, tapping her foot on the ground impatiently.

Alright this is either the best time to come out.
Or play dumb.

"What?" Issac asked confused, going with the latter.

"Don't you 'what' me. I saw you hugging her from behind." Riley said in an accusing tone, air quoting 'what'.

"You sure about that?" He asked, as if concerned about her vision.

Riley gave him a ridiculous look before looking back at her sister- who was still busy cooking.

"Lillian." Riley said her name in a serious tone.