Chapter 72

I'd like to dedicate these 2 chapters (chapter 72 and it's extension 73) to bellevie12. Looks like I've kept my word 🤭.

Whom do you wish to see dead more?

~~~~~

"Should I buy this? Or this?" Issac asked showing the two options that Lillian had earlier listed down for Kitty through his back camera.

"Personally, the red box tastes better. But kitty likes the one in green." Lilliam shrugged nonchalantly through the screen.

"Excuse me, ma'am- personally?" Issac's voice cracked before he could fully get out the word. Humor danced on his face as he tried hard to suppress the widening smile- like the scratches of kitty danced on his shin and calves when she tried to climb on him earlier that day to accompany him to the cat shop.

"Well, it was there. And I was there. We both were next to each other and kitty was watching anime, it was right in front of me. I mean, you would try your kids food before letting them eat it, right? So yes, it wasn't bad. Don't recommended it, but don't hate it either. It was..... different from what you'd expect a cat to eat." Lillian said, focusing her attention on the laptop infront of her a bit and on her boyfriend a lot.

She didn't exactly remember the taste, but she could recall thinking bad about it either. But mainly, she wanted Issac to have a good laugh whenever he saw the cat food.

She'd read on the internet sometimes people found funny or sad memories of their significant other to associate to particular items.

"And what do we expect a cat to eat?" Issac couldn't hide the grin that stretched from one ear to the other as stumbled across 3 number candle in the mid aisle right beside dog food.

His smile widened beyond humanely possible picturing his aloof girlfriend coming to a store and actually buying it.

Her 25th birthday was coming up soon. Examining the candle closely, he thought to himself.

"Fish?"

The blunt distant voice of his girlfriend, reminded him of his mission. Whisk her away to a far away place.

"What did it taste like?"

".... meat? A bit too extreme with the salt."

"Thoughts on human meals?"

"Eh."

"Thoughts on our getaway a week or two later?" He asked, with a light frown- arising from his disappointment with the candle.

It wasn't the right color. Lillian would prefer other colors like black, blue, pink and green.

This was his first time celebrating her birthday with as a couple, and he wanted it to be perfect. Something meaningful. Something memorable.

"Riley?"

Issac noticed the conversation getting shorter and shorter as her focus was diverted to her laptop, the clicks and clacks coming from her device becoming more rapid with short rest interval. She was clearly feeling better than their conversation from the other day.

"Said they'll have Jason in court by the end of the week. She was complaining earlier you wouldn't answer her calls."

"I like my ring tone."

Before he could say something snarky, he felt a metal nozzle making sudden contact with his back bone- the coolness of the metal making the hair on the back of his neck stand up in alarm.

"Everything OK?" Lillian asked looking directly at Issac, noticing he had suddenly stopped taking.

"Issac King." The man in black who held a gun against him and stood directly behind him, murmured his name.