Chapter 51

Lillian groaned out, forcing herself out of her bed when she heard someone ring the door bell.

Who was it ringing the door bell so early? She thought to herself, annoyed, rolling her eyes.

"Coming." She forced herself to say, hearing the bell go off again.

Riley was at Vincent's house and she had a key too so who was it ringing the door bell so early? It can't be Issac, he never rang the bell since she gave him a key.

She unlocked the door to be greeted by Issac. He looked really happy with a wide smile on his face, stretching from one ear to the other.

"Guess who got an investor?" Issac said in an excited tone as soon as Lillian opened the door.

"Congrats." Lillian said with a wide smile.

Issac didn't know why, maybe it's because he researched about her disorder for too long her but he felt his chest contract painfully at her dead looking eyes.

She was smiling, but her eyes seemed dead.

He didn't doubt her feelings but he felt guilty. She was pretending. Forcing herself to smile.

He felt happy too, as she thought he was worthy for her to express her emotions visually. But he couldn't get rid of the nagging feeling that was clawing at his chest.

Did she really want to be in this relationship... or did she just not want to see him sad?

No matter how confident he appeared on the outside he couldn't help but let his mind wander when he was all alone.

Lillian could hear her heart pounding loudly in her chest as she contemplated what to do next. She could see that Issac was disappointed in her eventhough he masked it well.

Kitty after seeing Issac at the door, slowly walked towards him with her tail wagging side to side and purred rubbing herself against his ankle.

"Let's order your favorite cake. My treat." Lillian said as Issac bent down to take kitty into his arm.

He giggled as she licked his jaw.

"Sure." He said.

Kiss him. She told herself.

She turned around to see him petting her cat.

Could she really do it? This would be their first kiss after getting back together. What if he didn't want it? What if he didn't like it and broke up with her? What if..

Ok. She told herself, calming her racing heart down. She can do it.

"When is Ri-" Issac started, intending to ask when Riley would return when he was cut off my Lillian's lips.

It caught him off guard but soon moved his lips against hers as he got his bearings straight.

He closed his eyes and crouched down a bit so she wouldn't strain her neck.

Well, he wasn't expecting that but it was a good surprise. That's exactly what he needed to get rid of his insecurities.

"What was that for?" He asked her, resting his forehead on hers while Lillian was taking deep breaths.

Did she really just do that?

"Congrats." She breathed out.

Issac grinned, his heart melted. No longer was he feeling upset or insecure, happiness blossomed in his chest.

She kissed him! She initiated it!

"Why is the door open? Oh my goodness!" Riley asked confused looking at her that was gripping the door handle before looking up and seeing Lillian and Issac stand so close to each other. She covered her eyes with her hands and exclaimed. She should've just rang the bell!