Chapter 71

Sean cussed in sheer frustration and pulsing irritation as he skipped alternate steps. 'He never should've put his trust in him.'

He made a dash for the service room where the person whom he stole the serving uniform from was held with his hands tied behind his back and rag shoved in his mouth, merely sparing the squirming semi naked man a glance before his eyes switched to the location where he'd kept what he came there for.

His gun.

It was well hidden from the prying eyes of curious minds. As well the almost naked man. 

"Put your gun down or I'll slit her throat." He heard through his earpiece.

He should've realized it sooner when the man looked at him with doubt lingering behind his eyes. Sean thought it was there because Justin thought he'd fail to convince his sister or, hell, even that he'd felt anxious to meet his sister. But NO Justin knew exactly what he wanted to do from the start! Save his sister.

This was exactly why he always thought twice before letting a family member be part of any of their mission.

Their intention were applause worthy and pure but narrow minded and didn't see the bigger picture.

More specifically what annoyed him thr most was, THEY BOTH COULD GET FUCKING KILLED.

"Bang"

He heard the familiar sound of a gun shot twice, one through the earpiece and the other at a close distance- 5 meter away from where he stood.

His racing steps came to a holt and his veins pulsed with trepidation.

"Justin." He hissed out, desperation etched into his tone. "Fuck." He cursed out as he climbed two steps at a time to the room where he'd delivered him.

After what seemed like forever, he finally reached the room. He slowed down his steps and controlled his battered breathing as he inched closer to the room.

He checked for the bullets in his gun, absent-minded. There was a constant ringing in the back of his head, a constant echo of the gun shot and unmistakable sound of human flesh hitting the ground and a female's wail. He wasn't sure of the exact condition of Justin, but prayed he was atleast breathing. 

Loaded.

The place was filled with Jason's men, and he only had 6 bullets on him. It wasn't nearly enough. He knew to safe guard the girl and her brother he had to be quiet in his handling. One sound would evoke the battle cry of hundreds.

Through his earpiece he could hear the bodyguard checking for a pulse.

Only then the grim reality of the very real possibility of Justin being dead hit him.

Without second thoughts he jumped to action. He snuck into the room before closing it behind him gently.

The hysterical girl or the crouched man were yet to sense his presence.

He slowly locked the door behind him and bit down when there was an audible click.

Why wasn't anything working in his favor!

*gasp*

His blood ran cold and tightened his eyelids shut as a loud sob and an unmistakably gasp passed through his ears.

"We have an unidentified dea-" and whatever else the man planned to say was cut off when he saw the women cover her mouth with widened eyes. "We have an intruder." He audibly cursed before getting on his feet and informed the other person, clutching his gun in his hand.