30

[Chapter thirty]

-Winnie-

"Try the pink one on."

"Try the pin—NO! I look fucking horrible in pink! I look like a—a—a fucking Oompa Loompa or some shit!"

"Oompa Loompas are orange, dipshit."

"No one asked for your input, Windora!"

"Um, you did, by bringing me here!"

"Yeah, she's right. We brought her here to get her opinion." Kamri points out, looping a bright blue boa around her own neck.

I grin at her. "I dare you to wear that to prom."

Octavia groans when Kamri mischievously. "Are you two seriously—"

"Girls, enough."

The three of us quiet down before mumbling out simultaneously, "Sorry, Aunt Meg." And a, "sorry, mom." from Kamri.

She looks at all three of us before letting out a laugh. "You three really sound like Max, Noah and Dylan."

Kamri puts a sparkly fedora on my head, and I pat it down for good measure.

"Really?" Octavia asks, a few dresses swung over her forearm.

"Yeah," Aunt Megan hums out, a smile present on her face. "They used to argue just like that.

Kamri snorts, pulling a tie around her neck, replacing the boa. "I'm not surprised. They still argue like an old married throuple."

"Who used to argue the most?" Octavia asks again and I snort.

"What kind of question is that? Mum and dad, obviously. Dumbass."

"Play nice." Megan lightly taps the back of my head and I jut my bottom lip out slightly, sinking down in my seat next to her. "You're not wrong, though. They argued like an old married couple before they even got together."

"Didn't Aunt Vaeh punch—"

"Yes, she did. They even brought it up in their wedding vows."

We laugh.

"Maybe I should punch Adonis in the face."

Kamri chokes on air, letting out a strangled laugh. "Why don't you try kissing him instead?!"

"I have tried!" I exclaim, exasperatedly. "Fucking Flynn ruins it every time!"

"That doesn't change the fact that you still pussy out afterwards." Octavia adds.

"You, shut up." I kick her leg. "Need I remind you, Flynn hates your ass."

"He fucking does not—"

"Language." Aunt Megan chides gently, smoothing the skin between my eyebrows with her thumb. She turns to Octavia and Kamri, pointing at the clothes in their arms. "Okay, first of all, put those back. They are tacky and ugly. You will look back on your prom photos in fifteen years and regret every decision you ever made that led to that night."

"Dang, mom." Kamri mutters as she and Octavia start hanging them up on the given rack in the changing rooms.

"Put them back where you got them!" I glare at them, kicking Octavia again. She smacks my foot, only resulting in her earning another kick in the leg.

"But—"

"I don't give a fuck if it's their job! We are nice people! We are not going to make the workers lives harder, they don't get payed enough for this shit. Put that shit back where you found it!"