8

Jimin caught up with Jungkook, as they walked into the bathroom and Jimin pulled the boy in a hug. The younger, hugged him back tightly and cried on his shoulder.

"Hey. Everything, okay?" Asked Namjoon that had seen them walking into the bathroom and followed them.

Jimin didn't know what to say but to his surprise, Jungkook turned and hugged the older, crying even more as Namjoon looked at Jimin, who was holding in his tears. 

"It's Taehyung, right?"

Namjoon asked Jungkook as he patted his back in a comforting manner, confirming to Jimin that he knows about Jungkook's big crush on his best friend.

"I-I can't do this." Jungkook's voice was shaking due to the cries and tears slipped down Jimin's eyes.

Jimin knows what Jungkook was feeling and was going through right now, but for Jungkook, it seems like the boy had it really bad.

The door to the bathroom opened again and Namjoon turned to see Hoseok enter with a fuming face. For the others it was very unusual and weird because Hoseok gets angry very rarely. He is a sunshine in the group and seeing him like that made them feel bad.

He looked at the other three in the bathroom and went to splash some water on his face to cool himself.

"We should help Jungkook get together with Taehyung. " Jimin proposed but his his proposal was denied when Jungkook pulled away from Namjoon and wipped his tears.

" It's of no use. I've tried to do it myself. I tried everything that was possible, but he thinks of it as a joke. He doesn't take things seriously. A-and I don't think he'll ever think of me as more that just a friend. "

Jimin winced at his words. It was the same words he spoke and the same words that caused this.

"I'll try to move on from him now, I guess. It's better for me. " Jungkook smiled at them sadly as Jimin wiped his tears and Hoseok noticed him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder at which the younger pinched his eyes to stop his tears.

"I'm sorry making you all worry about me."

"Don't say sorry. We are your friends, it's our right to be worried."

" Thank you." Jungkook smiled softly making others smile at him. Hoseok pulled him in a hug, comforting him and cracking some jokes on how he's going to cut Taehyung's dick. Jungkook chuckled knowing Hoseok was trying to uplift his mood and it worked as well. " I should leave now, Yoongi must be waiting for me."

" Yoongi? "

" Yeah. My assignment partner." Jungkook said and left they all walked out of the bathroom. Hoseok and Jungkook went away, but Namjoon stayed with Jimin.

" Are you okay? " He asked the younger as he noticed how sad Jimin looked.

" Y-yeah. "

Namjoon noticed that Jimin lied to him but he didn't force him to talk. He knew it would put Jimin in an awkward place if he wasn't ready to share.

" What lecture do you have now? "

" English literature."

" Hmm. After uni, let's go for an ice cream. " Namjoon said and that made Jimin look at him wide eyes.

" Ice cream?! Seriously?! I mean, I thought you'd never say this because it's winter and I had a fever few days ago-"

" Yeah right. Plan cancelled. "

Namjoon said walking ahead leaving Jimin behind with a shocked expression.

" You can't cancel plans. It's ice cream! "

" I can. I don't want you to get sick again. "

" Joonie. " Jimin stomped his foot as the older left him in the corridors and he pouted and walked to his own class.

Later that day, Namjoon did end up taking Jimin to an icecream shop because the younger was being stubborn and not talking to him. They sat at their table waiting for the workers to make their order.

"How long have you known about Jungkook?" Jimin asked.

"The day we went for the movie." Namjoon replied but the memories of the day made him sad. "I never knew he was in such pain. I never noticed, he was so obvious with his feelings and now that I look back, I wonder if I was even a good friend or not. "

" Joon. you are a great friend. You were there for him, and the way he reached out to you, shows he trust you and need you there for him. So please don't say you are not a good friend. "

Namjoon smiled at the younger.

" Jimin."

" Yeah."

" Do you have someone you like? " Namjoon asked as his eyes looked into Jimin's, searching for answers on their own.

Jimin's heart stopped at the question. Turning his face to look down at his hands on the table, nervously fiddling with his fingers as he gulped.

"N-"

"It's alright. Tell me when you are comfortable. I just... I don't want to see you like that. I care for you so much Jimin, so if there's anything you want to tell me, or if something is troubling you, please come to me. I'll always be there for you."

"O-okay."

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━