𝒮𝒪 𝒞𝐿𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒴𝐸𝒯......

A few years later
8th Grade
Omniscient Pov

As the years went by, Onika and Beyoncé were closer than ever. You would never see one without the other. You see Beyoncé? Trust me Onika was right beside her and vice versa. Even if they were alone, the other was just a call away.

They couldn't be separated. Since the girls started middle school, now in their last year, they began to make new friends. Onika had her little clique and Beyoncé had hers but they still remained best friends.

But Onika felt like she and Beyoncé were drifting apart and Beyoncé is the last person she wants to leave her. She was the very first friend she ever had since she came to Houston.

She feels like if there's anyone who deserves her friendship it's Beyoncé and she expressed this. While Beyoncé on the other hand feels the complete opposite, she feels like they are around each other more than enough. So she's confused as to why the shorter girl feels like that.

Now, Beyoncé was over at Onikas house, like every usual weekend for them. They decided to find a new series to binge watch together. While Beyoncé was tv surfing, Onika was typing away on her laptop. Onika had a social media page versus Beyoncé who simply wasn't interested in such as of yet.

"Oni, what should we watch?" Beyoncé asked, stuffing popcorn in her mouth. Beyoncé waited for an answer just to not get one. Like recently, she's been talking to herself.

"Nevermind." Beyoncé mumbled. She decided to just put 'Living Single' on. Recently it's been her favorite series. If you were to ask her who her favorite character is? She would probably say Maxine.

She loves all the lead ladies but she loves how Maxine is unapologetically herself. Maxine is who she wished she was. Living life without what anyone has to say about her and to be freely spoken.

"What did you say Bey?" Onika finally asked a few minutes later . Beyoncé didn't answer, she just paid attention to the tv show.

"Beyoncé..." Onika called out while closing her laptop.
"What Onika?" Beyoncé answered still with her eyes glued to the tv in front of her.

"Why are you mad at me?" Onika slightly pouted. Onika is very... sensitive you could say. If it's one thing Onika hates, she hates for the people she loved to be mad at her. Beyoncé let out a low sigh as she paused her show.

"What are you talking about? I'm just watching my show." Beyoncé stated as she pointed towards the tv.

"I thought we were starting a new series?" Onika asked and Beyoncé just looked at her blankly.

"Yeah well when I asked, I didn't get an answer so I just put my normal on." Beyoncé then unpaused the tv and continued watching 'Living Single' while eating her popcorn.

"I'm sor-" Onika was cut off by the house phone ringing. She looked at the caller Id and declined the call.

"As I was saying I'm-" She was cut off again by her phone ringing. She declined again just for it to ring once more.

"Just answer the phone, Onika." Beyoncé said never breaking her eyes from the tv.

"Beyoncé-"

"Just answer it Ni. It's better to answer it than just to decline it because whoever it is won't stop calling." Beyoncé said before she gasped.

"Oh no all my popcorn is gone." She whispered to herself pouting.

"Beyoncé we should binge watch a horror movie franchise." Onika said turning Living Single off.