𝐿𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒩𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

BK

I sat in the studio along Mariah and now Miguel for their song. I already had wrote the song but I wasn't aware it was going to be a collaboration, so I had to try and work from a males point of view as well. It wasn't hard really.

Since I recorded my version of the song, you know a sense on how I expected it to sound and so forth, I was expecting major changes because I know some artists like to tweak some things about it but Mariah wanted to keep it just how it was. As of right now, Mariah was in the booth recording her verse, so it was just a few of us on the outside. It was pretty late at night. I just listened on how effortlessly she hit majority of the notes.

"Can we play that back? I feel like that note was a little too high." She asked the engineer. He nodded his head and she re-recorded the whole verse over. My phone started getting a lot of notifications, so I quickly snatched it off the table due to the vibration.

"Somebody must be cussing you out." Miguel commented causing a few to laugh. It wasn't funny but I still did a fake chuckle. Don't want them to think I'm hostile.

I saw a bunch of notifications from Onika so thinking it was an emergency I quickly went to our thread. It was just a bunch of messages saying how much she missed me and wish I was with her. She sent me images of her in a onesie set, a set that we ended up getting matching ones. I smiled at them while hearting them. I texted her really quick that I'll be over after the studio session.

We spent like a few more hours in the studio adding and taking what was and wasn't liked in the song. By the time we finished it was 2am and I was exhausted.

"Beyoncé you are a genius for this. Thank you for staying and giving your input." Mariah said to me.

"Oh it's not a problem. Thank you for giving me this opportunity." I smiled while gathering my things.

"More like thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with you. I enjoyed this. Hopefully you'll attend the album release?" She asked as we all walked out the studio. I was a bit stunned.

"Of course I would love to attend." I held my bag on my right shoulder with my keys and phone in my left hand.

"Great! I'll text you details about it soon. Until then, I'll see you later." She gave me a hug and we went out separate ways. After we separated, I sped-walked to my car. I was ready to lay down.

"Hey Beyoncé!" I heard someone call for me and it was Miguel. Miguel was a chill person as far as I have seen during the session. I've been a minor fan of his music for years.

"Yes?" I asked turning around. I hope he asked this quick, I'm getting tired.

"I've been meaning to ask you if you wanted to come out and chill with us. We were just going to get a few drinks and relax." He says to me. He don't wanna go home after being in the studio for hours?

"Oh uhm.. I would like to but I have to get home to my girlfriend. She's kind of up waiting for me." I tell him.

"Oh your Girlfriend..." he dragged out and I nodded. The atmosphere got awkward quickly.

"Yeah my girlfriend...."
"Maybe another time? If you're willing."

"Yeah sure that's fine. You can invite your girlfriend along." I nodded my head.

"Sounds cool. I'll talk to her about it."

"Alright. Have a good night."

"You too." I gave him a tight lipped smile and continued to my car. As soon as I approached my car I wasted no time getting inside and starting it up.