Chapter 16

Tsuchi pov
I groan as I open my eyes slowly, a wave of pain hitting me. Blinking a few times to adjust to the light, I take a look at the room I've been placed in.

How long have I been out for?

Before I could get lost in thought the door opens, Kai stood in the doorway looking at me with wide eyes. So I do the most logical thing I could think of, "Hi." I say with an awkward smile and slight wave, this seems to snap him out of it and he rushes out the room.

"YUZUMI-SENSEI, AIRI, TSUCHI'S FINALLY AWAKE!" Not long after I hear multiple footsteps running towards the room. And in the doorway stood Yuzumi-sensei, Airi and Kai.

Yuzumi-sensei is the first to approach me and sits in the chair on the right side of the bed I'm in. I sit up slightly wincing at the pain in my torso, "Easy Tsuchi you took a nasty blow, how are you feeling?"

"Like crap, how long was I out of Sensei? She sighs and ruffles her hair slightly, "A week I sent a letter to the Third Hokage informing him about everything that happened. And he gave us permission to stay here until you woke up so we could take you to the village hospital."

I stare at her with wide eyes, I was out for that long. I mean when I teleported myself in front of Airi like that I knew I would be out for a moment. But I expected it to be like 3 days max, "Oh......" Kai is the next to approach with slight tears in his eyes, "I thought you weren't going to make it."

"Well I didn't worry about it too much seeing as our team as a pretty great medic." I say while punching him lightly in the shoulder. He smiles while wiping his eyes, finally my attention falls on Airi who was staring at me in anger?

She stomps right over to my left side where Kai was standing and shoves him out of the way slightly. Grabbing the coller of the shirt I'm wearing she brings my faces close to hers, "NEVER DO THAT SHIT AGAIN YOU FUCKING TOMATO YOU HERE ME! I WONT LOSE ANYONE WHOS IMPORTANT TO ME ANYMORE I WONT!"

I can't help but smile mischievous, "Soooo I'm important to you hmmmm." She let's out a weak laughs and shoves me back against the pillows on the bed lightly, "As much as I hate to admit yes....I consider you a friend now shut up before I slap you."

I can't help but chuckle at her behavior and turn my attention back to Yuzumi-sensei, "So are we going to leave today?" She nods moving around the room towards the dresser picking up a loose black t-shirt and some shorts.

"Put this on, can have you put something on that would irritate your wound and be uncomfortable." I take them from her and nod gratefully, "Thank you sensei, I'll change really quick then." Yuzumi-sensei ruffles my hair and usher the other two out of the room. Slowly I push myself out of the bed wincing slightly, then pulling my shirt over my head.

I could see faint red spots on the bandages, Kushina-nee is sooooo going to kill me.

After changing slowly and painfully I finally meet my team outside of the room. Kai insisting on carrying both Airi and my belongings since we both where injured. Now we stood at the village gates with the whole village standing behind Lord Matanso and his sons.

"I could never thank you enough for what you've done for me and this village." Yuzumi-sensei shakes her head slightly, "You have nothing to thank use for Lori Matanso like Tsuchi said durning our first meeting. As allies it was only our duty to help and it was the right thing to do."

Ichigo grins at me,"Just wait I'll go visit the leaf when our village is fully rebuilt and we'll actually be able to have some fun." I roll my eyes playfully and say goodbye to Daisuke who thanks Kai and I once more for saving his life.

Waving goodbye to them until there out of sight. I face forward and let out a tired sigh, "Okay your not walking hope on my back." Yuzumi-sensei crouches down in front of me, "But sensei I'm fineeee."