Chapter 9

Tsuchi POV
I hum quietly to myself as i make my way to Mikoto-sensei home, when i woke up this morning Minato-ani told me she said to rest. But i don't really want to be lazy and rest even if its just for a day. Making my way threw the Uchiha compound ignoring the gazes and glares, people these day don't have anything better to do I swear. Finally I arrive at her house and knock on the door....only to be greeted by the always stern looking Fugaku. "Ohiyo Fugaku-kun is Mikoto-sensei home?" I laugh mentally as i see his eyebrow twitch's and he frown's, "No she isn't here right now but she should be back soon. You can come in if you would like?"

Smile cheekily at him nodding making him twitch again as he turns to lead me inside. I sit at the table as he goes to the kitchen only to return with two cups and a teapot. Hmm looks like he's going to want to have a little chat with me, I can see way. With me being a Senju and all it must look really weird for an Uchiha to agree to train me. Well that should be ancient history, maybe he just wants to see if I'm really worth to be trained by his soon to be wife. Well whatever the reason it doesn't really matter to me as long as I can get a kick out of it. "Mikoto told me about the reasons you want to become a kunoichi....frankly i think its very childish and impossible dream. Once you start going on missions especially higher ranked ones I'm sure you will see and realize this as well." Anger bubbles within me, how dare he insult my dream like that! His eyes bore into mine as I close my eye's and take a deep breath.

Picking the cup up I take a sip feeling the warmth of the tea travel threw my body and set it back down gentle. I open my eye's and smile at him making his widen in surprise, "Thank you for the input Fugaku-kun but quiet frankly I do not care what you or anyone else has to say. For you to tell me that just shows me how much different you are compared to Mikoto-sensei." I hold my smile as he scolds at me, "Now you listen her-." "What's going on here?" both our heads snap towards the door and see Mikoto-sensei standing there with groceries along with a frown. Hopping out my seat I head directly towards her, "Ohiyo Mikoto-sensei I was just talking with Fugaku-kun on how to get more control on my fire nature. But since you're here now let me help you with this." Looking very confuse she simple nods and leads me to the kitchen. But before i fully enter I stick my tongue out at a scolding Fugaku making me snicker quietly.

After a few moments of silences Mikoto stares at me then smirks, "Tell me the truth Tsuchi what where you guys really talking about?" But all i do is bring my finger to my lips with a smile, "I can't tell you it's a secret between me and Fugaku-kun." She giggles and ruffles my hair, " I'll let it slide for now Tsuchi-chan. But since you're her can you do a task for me." Nodding eagerly Mikoto-sensei hands me an envelop, "Can you take this to Nara Yoshino its a recipe that she asked me for and i would take it myself but I still have things for my wedding to go over." "You can count on me Mikoto-sensei." Taking it from her i wave goodbye to her and make my way to the Nara compound kind of nervous. Not only am I going to be meeting Yoshino but I could also end up meeting Shikaku too and that guy is to freaking smart. I guess I got so lost in thought I didnt even realize I arrived already until a guard stops me. "How can I help you?" I mentally chuckle at this guys lazy tone, guess the Nara's really are pretty lazy. "Ohiyo Nara-san I'm here to deliver a envelop to Yoshino-san from Mikoto-san."

He stares at me for a minute with lazy eye's then turns towards the compound, "Follow me kid Ill take you to her." Following silently behind I look around taking in how differnt it is compared to the Uchiha nad Senju compound. It was smaller but beautiful still with the surrounding forest and flowers, after a few mintues we arrive at a big house in the middle of the compound. He knocks on the door and much to my displeaser Shikaku answers the door, "This little girl say's she needs to see Yoshino-sama." I pout as he says little girl, i mean i know that I'm in a three year old body but I'm 24 years old dude. "Come in princess my wife went to run a quick errands she shouldn't be much longer." Frowning at the word princess I enter behind him kind of akwardly as I shift my weight back and forth. Shikaku stares at me for a moment then sighs, "Do you know how to play shogi?"

Shaking my head again he sighs and motions me to follow him. We head to a room with a shogi bored already set up and he sits down on one side. "Would you like to learn?" I cheer startling him and plop down on the other side.

Eagerly I pay attention to everything he says, I mean you have to be pretty stupid to pass a chance like this. After an hour I get the hang of it and we start an actual game.

"I heard you're already training as an official genin. You're sensei is Uchiha Mikoto correct."

I move my peace and look at him, "Hai Shikaku -sama, Mikoto-Sensei is going to teach me until other genin graduate from the academy." He hums in response placing his piece back in the board.

"Are you not afraid princess of growing up to fast and missing out on having any friends. Going on higher missions that could cost you you're life? Making those closest to you a target?" This halts my movements and I place the letter down on the board gentle with a sigh. Like seriously what's up with people questioning me all the damn time, can't a girl get a break.

Standing up I look at him directly in the eye's, "Everythung you have asked me I have taken into consideration Shikaku-sama before I ask Lord third to put me in the academy. Me being one of the last Senju already makes me and those around me a target. And to top it off having wood release makes me the number one target for kidnapping. That's why I wanna be a shinobi as fast as I can. Train until my bones break, muscles stretch to become stronger. My strength is fueled by everyone in this village so I will not fail. Everyone sees me as a fragile doll, a princess but I will change that. If you excuse me I have to go meet Minato-ani at Ichiraku."

I leave him in silents and rub my face with my hands. Why is everyone always asking the same basic questions, like I know what I'm doing leave me alone. Whatever I need to focus on changing as much as I can so it's not that messed up here.