2 | ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟʏ sᴛᴏʀᴍ

Warnings: swearing

Word count: 1117

☆-----...• ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟʏ sᴛᴏʀᴍ •...-----☆

"Come on, Hoshi-chan!" Mina tugs at my arm. "Your only conversation with anyone in our class, aside from me of course, was when Jiro asked you for an eraser."

"I like it like that," I protest.

It changes nothing. Mina pulls me along the corridor, ignoring my feeble protests, and flings open the door. I try to keep my eyes aimed at the cafeteria floor, but it doesn't stop the streams of colour floating across my vision as the whispers reach my ears.

"They're already calling her our school's god..." "Hoshizora, huh? Pretty and strong..." "What a weirdo, though." "Yeah, I heard she's been putting in minimal effort." "Damn recommendation students. So high and mighty..." "They are the best of the best, though." "I wonder if..."

I stick my fingers in my ears.

Mina pulls my up by my armpits and deposits me at a table. "Hoshi, Kami, Todo, Yaomomo." We sit around in uncomfortable silence for a few minutes before Mina manages to get a conversation going.

And it's... not that bad.

I narrow my vision, not letting myself see or hear the whispers; I listen to the others at the table talk; I observe their subtle movements. My mouth even tries to twitch into a small, sad attempt at a smile a few times. Not that I let it, of course.

They're all entertaining, in their own way-- layers upon layers beneath their words.

But while most of my companions in this haphazard group them are upfront, the way to their hearts and minds clear, one of them is different.

One of them makes me pause.

He, like me, is hiding behind a mask. I let my interest drop before he catches me staring, but file the information carefully away in my mind.

Todoroki Shoto: the boy with a frozen heart.

•...-----☆-----...•

"I... am... here!!" says a relatively old man with far too many muscles and exclamation marks. "Entering through the door like a normal person!"

"Oh my GOD!" my classmates screech, stealing some of the Hero's exclamation marks. "It's ALL MIGHT!"

Oh my God. It's All Might.

Yep, just can't quite match that level of enthusiasm. Dang, damn and blast.

Speaking of the latter, Bakugo Katsuki (whom I have affectionately nicknamed Baku-go-away in my head) smirks from the end of my row. "Heh. Finally some quality education. About time we're provided with the best."

I close my dictionary (it's a fascinating fountain of facts-- I'm in the Fs) and give him an appraising look. "Hmm."

He scowls. "Learn how to speak already, Floats."

A/N: the Japanese word Bakugo is using isn't uku (to float) because that's where the kanji for Ukizuki came from (浮く /浮月). He's saying fuwafuwa [no yatsu], which is usually used for something light and fluffy, but can also be used when an object like that is floating in the air.