10 | sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʟɪᴋᴇ "ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ"

Warnings: None!

Word count: 1226

☆-----...•sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʟɪᴋᴇ "ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ"•...-----☆

I didn't think my plan would work... quite so well. I raise my eyebrows at the large pile of envelopes sitting on the desk in front of me. I've already narrowed it down, but there's still at least fifty.

"Wow," Mina comments, planting her elbows on each side of the mountain of paper. "You sure are something, huh?"

I roll my eyes. "Where are you going to go, Mina?"

She hmms, blowing her cheeks out. "Haven't decided yet."

Aizawa-sensei clears his throat from the front of the class. "As you may have noticed, internship offers have been distributed. However, a certain matter of business must be attended to before that. Please welcome Ms. Midnight to... urgh, she'll explain."

He promptly collapses in a corner.

Aizawa-sensei is truly an inspiration.

Midnight settles down behind the lectern with more enthusiasm in her smile than our homeroom teacher's shown all year. "Hello, darling future Pros of 1A! I'm here to guide you through one of the most important points in a Hero's career: choosing your Hero name."

Chatter rises in the classroom. It's big news! A BIG deal!! Totally unforeseen turn of events!!! And all.

Midnight raises her voice to be heard above the hubbub. "Remember that this is the name you'll likely be known as by the public and your coworkers in the field for the rest of your lives. Don't regret your choice, and ensure your Hero name reflects who you are and what you wanna do. Good luck!"

Stacks of whiteboards and bundles of pens make their way through the class, and while some of those around me hum and haw and wonder if their choice is the right one, I twirl my pen in my finger.

And the perfect pun comes to mind.

"Time's up," Midnight declares, and I erase the moon and stars I've scribbled around the words over the past few minutes. "Who's sharing first?"

Bakugo storms up to the front. "Lord Explosion Murder."

"Ehh," Midnight makes a buzzing sound as she crosses her arms. "Try again."

"Me next!" Mina bounds up with a grin and declares, "I'm gonna be Alien Queen!"

"You too..." Midnight sighs.

"Tailman," says Mashirao.

"That's a dumb name, Rao," I tell him. He rolls his eyes.

A few more of my classmates claim their names: Hagakure bounds up as the Unseen Hero, Iridescua, Jiro decides she'll be the Hearing Hero, Kokorōto, and Bakugo attempts another ridiculous name. Midoriya's is particularly remarkable-- he manages to give us a life story before displaying "Deku" on his board.

I sigh and make my way to the lectern. "The Cosmosis Hero, Ukidō."

(If you want to know the "pun", check out All About Uki in All About OCs, Hero section.)

"That's a stupid name, Zuki," Rao mutters.

"You know it isn't," I return. He sighs in defeat.

Midnight blinks and takes a moment to absorb the board in front of me. "That's a lot of meanings you've managed to fit in there, Hoshizora..."

"Do you have a problem with it?" I ask.

She thinks for a little, then gives herself a quick nod. "I love it! Fans always enjoy wordplay."