3 | ɪɴ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

Warnings: slight gore

Word count: 1545

☆-----...•ɪɴ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ•...-----☆

It's a shame I let my Hero costume's boots get damaged.

I stare down at them woefully. I guess not all my classmates are as weak as they seem. But really, acid puddles...

Asa only knocks on the door after she's already in my room, considerate as usual. "Uki, we-- oh!" My big sister cuts herself off as she sees what's in my hands. "Do you like them? I designed your costume, you know."

I give her a disgusted look. "I thought I complained about my Quirk enough for youse to remember its shortcomings."

"Wha?" Asa protests. "But it's pretty!"

"It's uncomfortable, the opposite of practical, and almost exactly what I don't want." I huff as I pull on my blazer. "Besides, I haven't forgiven you for forcing me into the Hero course in the first place."

She murmurs something along the lines of "wish".

I turn around, confused. "What?"

Asa pauses, tilting her head, and smiles softly. "Nothing, starlight."

It's still weird to see her in casual clothes rather than a hospital gown, but it's been a while now since they let her out again. I wonder if there's still something off.

Who am I kidding?

We're all messed up, and that's never going to change.

Tell me...

I pull my gloves higher up my arms.

What did we do?

•...-----☆-----...•

I'm zoning out.

Well, I'm actually kind of always zoning out, trying to unravel the shadows in my memory, but this is a dead, empty kind of zoning out, like my head has suddenly been filled with the universe.

I used to be a universe. My arms could spread the cosmos; I danced like starlight with clouds of butterflies through the nebulae.

But my hands are dripping with blood. I can't hold up the skies anymore without tainting them.

I fell from the sky and fought not to drown.

Hmm.

Hmmmm.

Hmmmmmm.

I snap out of it and realise the class is staring at me. Jiro twirls her pencil in her fingers. Bakugo glares angrily.

"Hoshi, could you stop muttering about blood?" Mina whispers. "Iida's about ready to arrest you."

I turn and blink at her. "Oh... Sorry."

I stand up and bow towards our sensei and the class. "Sorry for muttering about blood."

"That's... okay, Hoshizora," Ectoplasm-sensei says. "But please don't interrupt the class again."

My classmates' blank stares follow me as I slowly sit back down. I wonder if this will be like my last school, where I dragged my friends down with me after I fell... where the cold glances shattered my glass heart... where I learned what it meant to be wrong.

"Using those techniques, can anyone tell me the answer to this?" Ectoplasm-sensei points at a long mathematical equation on the board.

"Um... 42?" Kaminari guesses.