17 | ʙᴏʀᴇᴀʟ ᴀʙᴏʀᴇᴀʟ

Warnings: Swearing

Word Count: 1495

☆-----...•ʙᴏʀᴇᴀʟ ᴀʙᴏʀᴇᴀʟ•...-----☆

Herded off the bus by Iida, as usual, it comes as a surprise (but not a shock) that our stop is not actually a rest one.

A group of Heroes grin at us.

"The Wild Wild Pussycats," I hear Midoriya gasp.

Well, that name would certainly explain their... aesthetic. I scrutinise them as one waves a paw at us. "Welcome, 1A! We're very excited to be hosting you for this event. I hope we can help you get much stronger!"

Another smiles. "To start the camp, please make your way through this forest. Those who don't make it in time for lunch don't get any. Good luck!"

I stumble as the dirt beneath us begins to shift and quickly lose my balance. As the other members of my class slide down gracefully and land on their feet, I tumble like the weed and land on my head.

"Fuck me..."

A hand dips into my vision and I take it gratefully, brushing the dust off my clothes as I note he who helped me is none other than Todoroki. Damn kid with his perfect landing...

"Thanks," I mutter.

"Argh," whines Mineta, "I don't want to walk all the way to camp! We couldn't even see it from the bus..!"

"Well, what would be the point of dropping us off five minutes from our destination?" Shoji points out.

Sero nods in agreement. "But hey, maybe we could use the talents of the class to get there quickly!"

...Why are they all looking at me and my cousin?

"True, Quirks enabling flight would be very useful at the moment!" Aoyama declares... flamboyantly... winking and pointing his fingers at us. "Those who can do so themselves, such as me and Monsieur Bakugo, can take ourselves, while Hoshizora and Uraraka support the flightless little chicks!"

"Yeah," I say, "that's not gonna work."

Ochako has an awkward smile on her face. "Yeah," she adds, "sorry..."

"So they can't take the whole class?" asks Tokoyami.

"Or won't..." someone else mutters.

A bit of both, really. I don't want to take everyone (it would hurt like hells and I'm really not bothered) and Ochako can't do it all by herself. I mean, she could lift them up, but they'd struggle to move. And I suspect my dear, optimistic cousin wants the class to "work through it together".

That doesn't mean I can't take the easy way out myself, of course.

"Alright, then," I say. "Bye."

"Hoshizora Ukizuki," Mina says. A dark and dangerous anime-style aura surrounds her, hiding her eyes as she claps a hand on my shoulder. "How about you stay with us, huh?" As she raises her head, she has an oddly gang member-y smile on.

It's terrifying.

It's un-Mina-like.

"Never mind. I think I'll stay." Her usual sunny expression returns as I begin to walk. A dirt-creature bursts out of the mulch and I react with an animated expression of shock: blinking twice.