21 | ʀᴇᴀʟɪɢɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs

Warnings: Swearing, blood.

Word Count: 1160

☆-----...•ʀᴇᴀʟɪɢɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs•...-----☆

We stand on the grass, looking up at the dorms. Our new house that cannot be a home-- for me, at least.

"Hey!" Kendo calls over to the class. Komori waves at me with a smile. I raise a hand and give a little wave back. Yonao bounds up next to the girls with a grin and winks, pointing finger guns at Bakugo.

He starts to do something very worrying.

Bakugo smiles.

Yonao, on the other hand, seems to be struggling to hold back tears. Kaneharu hits him on the head. "Don't use your Quirk like that, Haderō."

"Sorry," he says, unashamed and unrepentant, "but he looked too angry for this brilliant day!"

I have a feeling he and Aoyama would get along.

Bakugo's usual temperament seems to return as he launches into a tirade. Haderō doesn't even pretend to be listening, just spins over to where Tetsutetsu is standing by Azusa and strikes up a conversation.

"Anyway," Kendo says, "We thought we should all check out each others' dorms, considering! It could be a great way to learn a little bit more about our fellow Hero course students."

"Sounds good!" yell Mina and Ochako.

"Ah, though we should give a few hours for everyone to decorate first," Jiro says, interpreting what Koda whispers in her ear.

"Alright!" cheer the three Hero courses, and we separate.

Piling into the elevator, the buttons for every floor are pressed as they all chatter excitedly. I stay silent, hovering behind Mina's arm. She, I, Kaminari, Koda and Bakugo are sharing the fourth floor, our luggage unceremoniously dumped there beforehand by the staff.

(I changed the placement of characters for the purposes of this story, see below diagram. Also changed the layout a bit so the rooms aren't always accurate, but the floors are.)

Pushing open the door to my room, I set out to make it look, if not feel, more homely

Pushing open the door to my room, I set out to make it look, if not feel, more homely. I paint the walls and ceiling dark, arranging constellations on the roof. Next come the curtains, punctured with holes to let in the light like that of stars. I drop a pile of blankets and a couple pillows on a thin mattress on the floor for my bed, organise my belongings in cupboards and on a shelf, before dusting off my hands and tilting my head at a job not badly done.

"Hey," Jiro says, popping her head in through the door.

"Aren't you supposed to not see other rooms until we're done?" I ask, not turning around as I adjust the stars of the saucepan.