Chapter 127

This quilt was made to be very warm and durable. Lin Qing He had also weighed it. Not a gram short.

That bolt of fabric had a lot of leftovers too.

"There are still some scraps. I'll get them for you." The little old lady judged her expression and said.

"It's okay. Ma'am, keep them for yourself." Lin Qing He responded.

Then she passed the basket of meat in her hand over to show her.

This time she came over and she sold a part of it off. What remained was also of good quality. Among them was a piece of big fatty meat, about half a jin. In this era, this was regarded as the number one meat.

In addition, there were other meats. In short, about two or three pounds.

Seeing that Lin Qing He really brought meat over and it was all top-notch stuff, the little old lady was overjoyed. The two had their exchange and then Lin Qing He departed in her bicycle from the little alley with her quilt strapped up.

Once turned into an empty alley, she immediately took in the quilt and immediately rode the bicycle back to the village!

This big quilt was brought back home. Mother Zhou had a shock. She had never thought Fourth's wife would even make such a big quilt for her and the old man!

"This... how many jins of cotton did this take?" Mother Zhou couldn't help exclaiming.

"Seven jins." Lin Qing He said: "It'll cause too much stir to bring it back now. Wait until night. I'll ask Qing Bai to carry it over to you."

"With such a big quilt, did anyone catch sight of you along the way?" Mother Zhou rushed to ask.

"Catch sight of what? They all went to work and I crossed through the grove. I didn't see anyone. You can rest assured, Mother." Lin Qing He pacified.

"That grove isn't very safe. You don't need to take such a risk next time. Just get Qing Bai to bring it back at night," Mother Zhou said.

"That's a good idea. I will do it next time." Lin Qing He displayed an agreeable expression.

But in fact, it was impossible. She wouldn't ask Zhou Qing Bai to stick in these things.

Seeing she was able to take some sense into her, Mother Zhou said nothing more. However, how much did it cost for such a big quilt?

"You don't need to make such a big one," Zhou said.

"Since we're making it, might as well make it bigger. It can last it for many years, and you don't have to worry about freezing in the future." Lin Qing He said.

Needless to say, Mother Zhou knew such a quilt must be cozy. Seven jins ah.

This year, each household was allocated some cotton, but only a half a jin had been divided between the whole family. What was this cotton enough for?

Their family's cotton received was simply sent to Zhou Xi by Lin Qing He. She also cut out a cloth for her to make something cozy.

For this reason, Zhou Dong brought over the fabric coupon that were allocated to their home this year. Money too.

"Aunt accepted the coupon. Forget about the money. If you are free, go help Aunt see if there are any loach or eel at this time. If there are, catch some back for Aunt." Lin Qing He took the fabric coupon and told him.

Zhou Dong nodded and went to catch the ricefield eel and loach.

At this time, it was already cold. The eel and loach began to hide, but once they have time to catch, they can still catch some.