Chapter 165

English textbooks were hard to get in this era.

They were all classified as more sensitive topics. In the first year of the recontinuation of the college entrance examination, English wasn't required to be tested. It seems that from the second year, an English exam was added.

Lin Qing He remembered it like this, but the details were not clear.

But at the moment her self-study course had reached the first year of high school. Since she was idle, it wasn't a bad idea to try and get her hands on some English textbooks to memorize words.

Lin Qing He had some connections in the black market.

As long as she can give the right price, it will be quickly obtained for her, even if it was such a sensitive product.

There were a good few English textbooks. The people, who were searching for them, didn't understand them, so two of them were in Russian. Lin Qing He didn't need them and she didn't understand Russian either.

She did understand English but had forgotten a lot after so many years. She needed to pick it up again.

The basic English textbook cost Lin Qing He ten yuan.

This was almost a sky-high price.

But the person who came here was right. They took a lot of risks to get it for her, so the price wasn't that unacceptable.

Lin Qing He put the English textbooks directly into the space.

Such things can't be shown to the boys. Otherwise, if the little person walked out and said something wrong, it was easy for things to happen.

After solving the English textbooks matter, Lin Qing He came to find a retired female worker to sell pork.

"Big lass, your pork is good." The retired female worker smiled in satisfaction.

"I especially gave you such care, ma'am. All the good stuff I got were left for you." Lin Qing He said.

The retired ma'am laughed and whispered after the transaction finished: "This transaction is the last time. Don't come next time yet. Don't go to the black market starting tomorrow. There are some problems outside."

She was willing to sell Lin Qing He this favor. After all, it was thanks to Lin Qing He that her meat and food increased and her family can eat more.

For example, last winter, Lin Qing He brought her dozens of jins of wheat and more than fifty jins of sweet potatoes. This was extremely hard to come by.

And it had always been fair trade, so the retired ma'am hoped to continue.

"Thank you for reminding me." Lin Qing He nodded.

Then she collected the money and left.

Without having anything else to sell, Lin Qing He rode her bicycle home.

On the way, she stopped by the community and took a look. She bought a half basket of eggs. Then she took it home.

Only when she got home did she retrieve some more from the space.

The ones she brought over were all used up. These eggs were all stocked from the black market in the county city. There was still a basket left in the space. That meant, she will be shrinking and dieting for a while. When spring begins, she can stow a supply of eggs.

Because at that time, the hens continued to lay eggs.

Lin Qing He cracked an egg, divided it into two portions, steamed it into egg custard, and then went to the door to shout.