Chapter 168

It was also at this time that Mother Zhou completely believed that Da Wa and Er Wa's ability to study were exactly like their mother.

The old Zhou family didn't have the gene for studying.

For example, Second Sister-in-law's Zhou Xia. His academic performance was really average.

And this was with the help of Er Wa, who taught him. Otherwise, it was needless to be said how bad the grades could get. Also, when he got back, he was never seen studying and was always playing. His mother chased after him as she yelled about squandering money and he needn't study if he can't get admitted in the future. 

At this time, it was necessary to have a certain mark to move up a grade, otherwise, they will repeat the year.

Zhou Xia hadn't fallen to the point of repeating the grade. Still, it was impossible for him to achieve full marks like Er Wa.

It wasn't until the summer harvest that Lin Qing He's studying progress slowed down.

But have to say, she had studied the textbooks of elementary and junior high school inside out and she thoroughly understood them. The first year of high school was mostly completed. She hadn't started above high school year two yet. There will be a time in the future, so she'll take it slowly.

The summer harvest was hectic. Even though Lin Qing He continued to review, her focus was still on caring for Zhou Qing Bai.

Since the summer harvest started, Lin Qing He ordered an extra bottle of milk every day. It was made into milk mantou for him and Father Zhou to eat in the morning before heading out.

Three hearty meals a day, plus a thick mung bean soup at noon.

With this kind of diet, this tiring summer harvest was passed safely this year.

However, some people still had heatstroke. Eldest Sister-in-law's Da Ni had a heatstroke. Lin Qing He gave her some medicine. Eldest Sister-in-law wanted to pay her, but Lin Qing He didn't accept.

Speaking of Da Ni, she wasn't young anymore. Lin Qing He heard Mother Zhou mentioned that Eldest Sister-in-law recently began to help Da Ni check out potential marriage candidates.

But after doing the math, Da Ni was sixteen this year. In this era of early marriage norms, one can indeed start to look out at sixteen.

Then get engaged first. Wait until the age of eighteen, when it was the perfect time to marry out.

They can also let the son-in-law's family come over occasionally to help with some work or something.

Of course, this was a common occurrence in the countryside. The son-in-law will come to help on his own accord without the future father-in-law opening his mouth.

After the summer harvest, Eldest Sister-in-law had already made her choice.

He was from their village. A person from Wang family.

Though the majority of Zhoujia Village had the surname Zhou, one-third of them had different surnames.

Zhou Da Ni's selected match was one year older than her. He was only seventeen years old this year. His height was average, not much over at one meter seventy. Still, the Wang family was a pretty good household.

There were only two brothers, which wasn't a lot. At least after they got married, they can live alone in a small independent wing.

The two families connected with each other in private, but the rest was skimming the surface.

After all, they were still young now. They had brought it up for now and wait until they get older, they'll discuss it.

This method was quite popular now.