Chapter 30

"Mom!"

Edmund, who had just left his etiquette lesson at that time, now rushed to Lisa.

With a bright smile on his lips, he held out his hand as if asking for a hug, but she rejected it.

"Edmund. Didn't your tutor teach you that you shouldn't run like that at breakneck speed? "

"...Learned."

"Then let's try again."

Edmund looked at Lisa's frozen face and dropped his outstretched hand.

And he said, keeping his head straight:

"Mother, greetings."

"Madam Bertie, didn't you teach him well?"

Lisa turned her attention to the teacher.

Mrs. Bertie smiled at Lisa's penetrating gaze.

"The gentleman is still young... And after all, no one taught him manners before me. Nevertheless, at such a young age, he is already making great strides..."

"I am not satisfied with just 'big successes'. I want him to be perfect. Edmund will soon be a prince. How can a prince of our country do such nonsense?" said Lisa coldly, interrupting Mrs. Bertie.

"Yes, I will try..."

"Not necessary. This was your last lesson."

"Yes?"

Mrs. Bertie's face was colored with embarrassment.

"I no longer need your services. I'll find another person. Someone who is more suitable for working with the prince."

The gray-haired maid, who was standing behind Lisa, came up.

"Madam, I will accompany you."

The maid grabbed her hand.

She could not resist, because the hand of the servant was so strong.

As difficult as the life of a servant was, such power was in her hands - it was strange.

In addition, Mrs.Bertie's gray eyes gave goosebumps down her spine.

The tutor looked at Lisa.

Has she always been like this?

Lisa's attitude was fundamentally different from word of mouth, or from what Bertie had seen up to this point.

"Madam, you'd better go."

Bertie felt instinctively:

If I say something more stupid, then no one will find me.

"...Oh sure."

The door closed. Lisa lowered herself in front of Edmund and looked her child in the eyes.

"Edmund. Look at your mother."

Edmund, bowing his head, looked up.

"Edmund, you will soon be a prince. And in the future - by the emperor himself. You shouldn't do anything stupid anymore. I want you to be like your father."

"Yes..."

"His Majesty is the strongest and most beautiful in the whole world. Therefore, in the future, Edmund will have to try not to dishonor his father."

Lisa looked at Edmund with a determined look in her eyes.

She knew that the boy in front of her did not understand everything she meant.

But if you talk to him like that persistently, then at least he will not forget her words.

"Yes mom."