Chapter 73

I couldn't keep calm in such a situation.

After all, my divorce from Raymond went smoothly, and I thought that my loved ones would not meet with great adversity.

As usual, if the empress is forcibly excommunicated from the throne, her closest associates also fail, but I surrendered everything myself, and there were no sins behind me.

So I thought my people would not be touched. But this was only an illusion.

Both my father and Celine's family were thrown to the wolves.

"Lady Croft, your concerns are uncomfortable for me. We haven't seen each other for a long time, so let's just talk about pleasant things."

Even if it's too late, from this day on I will stand as a shield for my people.

The Celine family can still be pulled out of the pit.

I looked at the marquis and smiled.

"Oh sure."

"Would you like to sit down? Sorry, our house is small, there is no separate living room here."

The Marquis took me to a sofa in the hall. She smiled sweetly, as if in embarrassment.

The maid, who was bustling around, suddenly looked at her anxiously.

Come to them what an imperious nobleman, he would get angry and raised his voice, taking such a simple trick as an insult.

Nobles are people who have lived and died with dignity.

And when I looked at this face covered with anxiety, it seemed to me that the servant was expecting harsh words from me.

However, I did not lose my manners while I was on the distant shores.

"It's so convenient here."

I laughed and sat comfortably on the couch.

"This pillow is the creation of the marquise, isn't it?"

"Oh yeah. I have nothing to do now, so I am embroidering and knitting."

"The style is not as simple as you are trying to say. In the old days, the Marquise was famous for her art among all aristocratic wives."

"You flatter me. This is nothing more than a hobby."

Only then, having relaxed, the marquise and her daughter sat down on the sofa.

The Marquise Celine sat down opposite, while Rosa remained by my side.

When the maid put the cups on the table, the marquise spoke:

"Is the young lady all right?"

"Yes. I'm doing just fine. But what kind of trouble has come to your house?"

"At first we had a really hard time ... But we learned to cope. Don't worry, Lady Croft."

"What a relief."

"Would you like to tell us about the kingdom of Lund? I haven't been abroad, so I'm curious."

The Marquis changed the subject as if by chance. It seems that she was decidedly not going to share her tragedy.

I knew that she was as stubborn as my father, so I was in no hurry to continue.

The Marquis's wife suddenly coughed sharply in the midst of laughter.

"Are you feeling bad, mistress?"

"I'm in full... Khh! "

The Marquise's daughter looked at the maid.