Chapter 137

"Hereditary, then, a prince..." Raymond muttered quietly.

But then he raised his head with such a look as if he was imbued with my idea.

"If you imagine Carlisle people as the crown prince, Lisa will have nowhere to go, even if she remains in the capital. And there will be no unnecessary noise if I save her a little noble dignity when Marquis Sios goes into disgrace. And nobody's going to put in a word against Carlisle's gripe."

"Yes exactly. If Your Majesty is truly determined to make Carlisle Crown Prince, the moment is perfect right now."

Carlisle will become a prince, and all paths will be blocked for Lisa.

Looking at me with a strange look, he quickly moved his red lips:

"I didn't need an extra reason to name Carlisle my successor. He is the son of my empress, of course, he will also be the heir. It reminded me of our first child. If nothing had happened, that child, of course, would have been ..."

My heart fluttered at the sad memories that came to my mind, but soon my thoughts subsided. Now all I have to think about is Carlisle.

Raymond turned to the exit, darkening even further.

"I will deal with this problem. Well, the night is approaching, so it's time for me to step."

"Yes, sire."

I got up to see him off.

"You don't have to. It's late, go to rest."

Come back carefully.

"Okay."

Raymond stopped suddenly as he approached the living room door.

And turned back.

"Ellie."

"Yes?"

"Tell Carlisle I'm sorry."

"Good."

For a while he looked at me with a complex gaze, and then left the living room.

The next day.

Early in the morning, the knights of the emperor in black uniforms arrived at the main gate of the Sios estate.

When the knights opened the gates with terrible force, the servants of the mansion were frightened and rushed to flee.

When the knights had just passed the door of the mansion, Lisa went down the stairs with a petrified face.

Waking up, as soon as the sun rose, she heard the noise in the yard.

The knights of the emperor forcibly opened the doors to the noble estate so early.

This should by no means bring good news.

Something is wrong.

Did you find our connection to the assassination attempt?

Knowing that she completely destroyed all the evidence, Lisa clenched her cold hands into fists.

They could not so brazenly break into us without a good reason.

As she descended the stairs, the knights rushed to the lobby.

The knights in black armor are the knights of the fourth corps, close to the emperor.

And at the forefront was their leader, Carter, called the Sword of the Emperor.

What are the charges brought against us this time?

Lisa heard insistent footsteps up the stairs.

The Marquis Sios and his wife, who were not even properly dressed, rushed downstairs as if waking up from the commotion.

The Marquis Sios, standing in the lobby, could not hide his embarrassment when he saw Carter.

After all, the knights before him were ready for violence.

"What the hell... What kind of robbery did you commit here?"

He spoke with false bravado, but Sios's voice was already trembling.

Carter slowly looked around the assembled members of the Sios family and took out his Majesty's edict.

"Marquis Sios was arrested for embezzlement and fraud."

"Waste! Fraud! This is insanity, an insult! "

"Found all the evidence that you organized a forgery with the late Freud Drua and stole 4,000 gold. The safe with the stolen goods is already being transported to the capital, so if you have anything to say, you will do it during the upcoming trial."

Carter pointed out the Marquis to his men.

The knights seized the marquis by the arms, as if they were just waiting for the go-ahead.

"What..."

The Marquis Sios screamed.

"I didn't do anything like that! Grab and kidnap the nobles!" shouted the Marquis Sios with a flushed face. You'd think he had righteous anger inside him.

When the knights of the Marquis entered the lobby, hearing the insistent voice of the Marquis, Carter said in a cold voice:

"We are carrying out the order of His Majesty. Anyone who draws a sword will be considered a traitor and will finish very quickly."

The knights of the Marquis stopped.

Here already Lisa, keeping her mouth shut, opened her lips.

"Do not interfere with anyone."

"Lisa!"

After Lisa's command, the Marquis Sios turned to her with an angry look.

His eyes wondered how she could do it. To which Lisa only quietly replied:

"Think better of your family."

If you try to break through by force, nothing good will come of it.

She will not allow him to destroy a house that has been standing for more than 300 years.

"Ahhh!"

However, the marquis could not stand the offense, and shouted.

"Get him out."

The knights heard Carter's order.

"Lady Sios. His Majesty invites you to report to the palace. Please, the emperor is not used to waiting."

Carter left the mansion, leaving Lisa at last.

"Ah..."

The marquis was dragged away, and in the end the wife of the marquis could not stand the shock and fell, but Lisa did not move.

"My lady."

"Take her to the room."

Lisa coldly dropped the order.

Surely Croft's setup will be revealed right now.

Lisa believed that she would evade punishment for the assassination attempt. But now this ...

It was also announced that all the evidence is already in their hands.

In this case, the trial will take place in a simplified manner, and it will be difficult to avoid punishment.

It was a situation in which she could not possibly know what to bet on.

For such a misfortune they did not have the means, because no one could even imagine that something like this would unfold.

And also Jeremy Drua.

The implication of the damned mutant is obvious.

I should have simply killed you all.

I had to kill them all at any cost. Then the knights would not come to my house.

A belated regret pressed on her feelings, but now there was nothing she could do about it.

Now, if she goes all-in, not only the Marquis, but she herself will be in danger.

"I'll go to the palace. Lock all the doors, do not let anyone in."

"Yes Milady."

Lisa went straight to the Imperial Palace.

"Your Majesty the Emperor. Lady Sios arrives."

"Let her in."

Raymond, who was waiting for Lisa, turned from the window.

The door to the office was tightly closed, but Raymond did not ask Lisa to sit down.

"Do you still have something to say?"

"My father has sinned. What excuses can I find, sire."

"And you didn't know anything about the crime... All this time?"

"If I knew how I could sit still. I would stop him, even risking my life. But it's too late. Now I dare not even ask for forgiveness."

Lisa bit her lips tightly to hold back a tear.

But it's' too late.

However, Raymond no longer believed her sight.

Lisa tried to kill Carlisle and Ellie, which clearly meant that she and the Marquis were on the same page.

Raymond glanced at Lisa, who was feigning despair.

What made you this way?

Raymond wanted to ask a short question, because the memories of the past were vivid in him, but the hatred for Lisa grew stronger.

"Okay... I didn't summon you to judge, so raise your head."

Lisa slowly raised her head.

Shocked, she looked at Raymond with a pale, tired face.

"I have summoned you to preserve your honor."

"Yes?"

Lisa could not hide her real shock now.

Meanwhile, she found it difficult to believe what Raymond had said about honor protection.

"You are part of the house of Sios, but you are also the mother of the first prince. That is why I have made the decision to exclude you from the case of the Marquis."

"What's this..."

"Marquis Sios will soon fall. I wish to give you a new estate and title, in order to honor you as the mother of the first prince."

Lisa could not squeeze anything out of herself.

And not at all because Raymond's decision delighted her.

Rather, it was because she saw inconsistencies.

Who could have believed that the patricidal emperor, who did not even show love for Edmund, and held clear evidence against them, suddenly desired to honor her as the mother of the first prince?

What the hell are you doing this time?

Raymond's red lips opened again.

"However, this is possible only on condition."

"What?"

"I will name the second prince the next emperor."

At the same time, Lisa's face, which could hardly bear the expression, wrinkled.

I Won't Accept Your Regretsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें