Chapter 124

A servant handed Jeremy a small piece of bark. The name "Leah Feiling" was carved into it.

"Is it like a long-standing identification?"

Judging by the carved name, that was the only guess. And it was a pretty old certificate, if not ancient.

Long ago, magic tools were invented, and the bark was even more obsolete.

This happened about two hundred years ago.

"And how is this to be understood?"

"I don't know, sir. I don't think this is one of the things of the deceased."

Leah Feiling. Leah Feiling ...

"Looks like a woman's name."

Jeremy continued:

"Who was cleaning the bedroom?"

"There was only me."

"And you have not seen such a thing until now?

"Exactly."

If it's a strange thing that hasn't happened before... Maybe the killer dropped it?

Intuition told me that this was the case.

"You are forbidden to tell anyone about it. If you flutter your tongue, you will suddenly become one head shorter."

"I will keep it in mind."

The servant flinched at Jeremy's cold voice and shook his head.

Jeremy slipped the ancient ID into his pocket and walked stubbornly away.

The next day.

Morning newspapers trumpeted the news of the bygone day.

The daughter of the Duke Croft returns to the place of the empress and brings a new prince with her.

And the death of Duke Drua, who attempted their lives.

Newspapers were thrilled by the grandiose events that took place in one single day.

The servants of Marquis Sios were now carrying a pile of newspapers to him.

One of them fell to the floor.

"Ouch."

The servant reached out to pick up the newspaper, but someone else was quicker.

Lily, a nondescript maid with gray hair and gray eyes.

Lady Sios' personal thug.

Lily's usually stiff eyebrows frowned when she caught a glimpse of the front page of the newspaper.

"I'll take it to the lady."

Lily hurried to the dining room, where breakfast was in full swing, without listening to the servant's reply.

A moment later, the anger of Marquis Sios echoed.

"Empress! Eventually it happened! You so zealously demanded that I put everything on you. So what is the outcome?"

Ever since yesterday, Marquis Sios has been repeating the same words.

"Where the hell did this second prince come from? The Empress's son?! You knew about it! You should have told me too!"

"Kill, kill carefully! As a result, Drua is dead, and a new prince has appeared, whose birth I did not even suspect! So what are you going to do about it?"

First, he reminded her of the empress, and then led the story in the direction of the new prince.

The face of the Marquis Sios flushed, as if he was about to burst, but Lisa maintained a stoic expression.