Chapter 96

I shook my head in response.

"No, I didn't plan that for Jeremy to molest Lisa."

"No?"

"I didn't even know in advance that Marquis Sios met with Duke Drua."

"It turns out that the heir of Duke Drua helped us by accident. As far as I heard, His Majesty even threatened to kill this Jeremy... So he is also a self-willed and dangerous person. "

Lumont also did not understand Jeremy's motives.

Although the latter explained that he threw out his trick on impulse, this seems unlikely to me.

It looks like he was playing his game.

"Self-willed ... One way or another, everything has already happened. Tell me better, what is the reaction of the nobility to the emergence of a successor? "

"Knowing is neither hot nor cold. Which is strange, because this guy burst in like a comet. His appearance alone is worth something..."

"Really. Lumont, I hope you can help me stop this heir if his moves seem malicious."

Lumont smiled.

"What about Duke Croft?"

"He's doing good. Especially with the latest venture. Everyone was interested in our dealings with Celine's house. The nobles seem to have no other worries... Why don't we make a good impression on the commoners?"

Lumon had an idea.

It would be nice to make a donation to the common people of the empire and earn yourself some support among the mob.

"Hm..."

"How about a donation to an orphanage?"

"An orphanage, then?

Perhaps the most eye-catching donation is donations to the empire's orphanages.

The problem was that it was customary to make donations to the orphanage through the temple.

Temple of the God of Light, Temple of Luminas.

It was the state religion of the empire, and a religion with a long history that stretches from the very foundation of our state.

Because this belief entails such a long history, it is now covered in mud from start to finish.

"Instead of making donations through the temple, it would be better to send things straight to every shelter, bypassing the holy man."

If you send a donation to the temple, most likely it will not reach the shelter.

"I don't think the Templars would like that much if we send the money directly."

"Even so, I'm not going to send money to the temple. Obviously, they will immediately settle in other people's pockets."

I could not believe the priests, because I had seen enough of them, while still the empress.

Lumont agreed, as if he had also heard about the corruption of the church.

"Good."

Looking back at the flowers to cool my weary mind, I opened my eyes wide and saw a striking silver bud.

"It's Belus."

"Haha, yes, Belus. A very valuable flower that grows in the mountains in the desert.

"How could you do it to me..."

Belus was not easy to find, even in the desert itself.

Since it blooms in the mountains, it was not easy to collect and there were not many flowers.