Chapter 78

"So is it true that this man is now in the lands of the empire?"

"It is also true that he does not leave the Drua estate."

The name of the Drua family that came up did not surprise me much.

Now I wondered if he was the son of a duke?

Even when I met him for the first time, I felt that he was an unusual person.

And when he appeared at the reception of Marquis Sios, I realized that he was a nobleman. When we arrived in the kingdom of Lund, my conclusion was confirmed.

His manners, his small unconscious gestures, were so smooth and graceful that I naturally understood his high status.

And if he really returned to the empire, I would like to help him with something.

I wanted to repay him for his help.

"Presumably, Ellie knew in advance that this man came from the Drua family? You are not surprised at all."

"I guessed."

"If he's from a duke's family ... Wouldn't it be better if we didn't interfere?"

Lumont anxiously asked if I dreaded attention from Duke Drua.

The duke, who only had his name left, was already teetering on the edge of the abyss without me.

I wasn't particularly worried about the duke.

Although his greed was widely known in high society.

And if I didn't know Jeremy, this case would have become completely uninteresting to me, but now ...

Of course, the point here is not that I will rush to the aid of a family rejected by the emperor.

It's just that if Jeremy needed help, I'll go to meet him, even if it means opposing Drua.

I smiled at Lumont, who was sitting on pins and needles.

"Everything will be fine. I know we need to stay away from Duke Drua. Thank you for finding out everything. "

"Please."

I looked at my watch. Noon has already passed.

"I think I should go. I'll send someone as soon as I get the perfume."

"Yeah."

"Jed, shall I go?"

"Um? Uh... yes."

Jed muttered to himself, somehow avoiding my eyes.

Today he was on his mind. But what can you do? Someone else's soul is darkness.

***

"Milady!"

As soon as I returned to the Duke, the butler hurried to me.

I was worried if something terrible had happened, but the butler's expression suggested otherwise.

Rather, his face was delighted and even somewhat proud.

"Good news?"

"An official letter from His Majesty has just arrived. Congratulations to Duke Croft and thanks for your large donation. "

"Oh, this..."

The announcement should be in a few days, right?

So that's why there was such a noise in the square?

All the way to the estate, I saw heralds reading the latest news here and there.

"And not only that, but also the gifts of His Majesty."