Side Story: Part 2

So, Raymond would always sharpen the blade excessively, lest the words hurt her. Like now.
"How dare you write articles like this... I don't want to see any more."
Raymond recited coldly.

But, contrary to his sharp eyes, Raymond carefully took the newspaper from Elijah.

"Burn everything."
Raymond did not hide his displeasure and handed the newspapers to the maid.
"Yes, Your Majesty."

Raymond's sharp atmosphere quickly left the maid out of the bedroom, and he took a deep breath. After quenching the boiling heat, he looked down at Elijah.

Elijah did not look at him as if lost in thought. Unlike usual, with a slightly wrinkled forehead and sunken eyes. Perhaps she was taking the worthless words seriously? Raymond called out her name softly.
"Elly."
The subdued purple eyes captured him.
"Do not worry about it. They are just complaining and barking at the order to increase the taxes of the nobles from this year."
Raymond spoke lightly, but his eyes were full of concern.

Elijah stopped thinking about her concerns. I'd be lying if I said nothing about pregnancy, but it didn't hurt as much as Raymond's concerns. Because Elijah has already gone through enough things to be shaken by anyone's quarrels or gossips.
Elijah smiled as she placed her hand on Raymond's shoulder.
"I'm fine. Ray."
"Really? There is not even a smile on your lips."

Raymond stroked the corner of Elijah's lips with his thumb.

"I was just thinking for a moment"
"What are your concerns?"
"How to deal with the barking nobles?"

Elijah tried to put her up, holding in her mouth a harsh word that was not like her, as if showing off that she was fine. She didn't want him to worry, so she tried to relax the atmosphere, but his fingertips flinched when shee touched the corners of his mouth.
Contrary to the reaction she had expected, his face hardened strangely. Raymond's lips were opened, just as Elijah embarrassed over nothing, tried to move away her hand away from him.
"Hmm.. I never imagined you would say such harsh words."
"Great, I haven't heard...."
"It's so good. Do more, Ellie."

"..... What?"