Communiqué

COMMUNIQUÉ
⠀⎯♡ The consistent blaring of your alarm forces your dream to dissipate and your eyes to regrettably flutter open. You let out a big sigh as you see the pitch-black laptop screen next to you reminding you that you had fallen asleep watching your show.

There is something strange about your bedside table though; your snacks are all closed and wrapped up. You have no recollection of putting them away, so maybe your mom had done it. As she might have woken up and come in.

You reach for your phone to check your notifications. On your phone is a sweet message from H/n wishing you a good morning.

You smile and send a reply before getting up to get yourself ready for school. You quickly put your hair in one of your favorite hairstyles before getting your uniform on. You quickly grab your phone, charger, and bag before heading downstairs.

"Hey, sweetie!" Your mom cheerfully greets you as you walk down your carpeted stairs.

"Hey Mom, did you go into my room last night? Also, are you making breakfast?" You ask reaching for the handle of your fridge.

"No, I was knocked out after you left. And yeah, I was thinking waffles. Are you in the mood?" She asks messing with your hair a bit as you reach for a cup.

"Yes, of course, I love your cooking," you gratefully accept the chance of her cooking.

"Alright, it'll be ready in a bit!" She peppily kisses your cheek as she goes to start preparing breakfast. You smile as you watch her going through the pantry.

She always loved baking, it is one of the only things that has helped to console her after her younger brother died. She has become a bit obsessed with it since then, so it's a daily thing she enjoys, and that makes you happy.

As she cooks, you decide to pass the time by sipping on your f/j while scrolling on your phone and texting H/n and your group chat.

"Alright, here you go!" She passes you the plate of two stacked light-brown colored crisp waffles. The sweet fumes waft toward your nose as you grab the syrup and your mom grabs utensils.

"Hey sweetie, do you mind turning up the tv for me? I can barely hear anything," your mom quickly asks of you before you guys sit down to eat.

"Yeah, no problem!" You turn to go toward the living room.

"By the way, the remote should be on the arm of the couch," she gives you a heads up.

"Got it!" You yell.

You grasp the remote to turn up the sound, only to drop it with a shaky hand.

Your mouth gapes open as your eyes round in horror, you are unable to believe what you are seeing.

Next to the news anchor is a picture of your friend widely smiling as they announce her missing.