Dinner

DINNER
⠀⎯♡ Fiddling with your jewelry, you hear the doorbell resound as you shout to your mother that you will answer it. You flee down the carpeted steps as you approach the door.

"Good evening." Florian purrs as the door swings open.

You see that he is dressed quite dapper, as always—this time with a long black overcoat and a stripped scarf to match.

"Come in, I bet it's cold out there," you beckon the tall man inside.

"How was your drive?" You ask as you gesture to take his coat.

He gratefully bends his head and slips it off his body, "Just fine, wasn't as much traffic as I thought it would be."

"Good," you mutter hanging the coat up before clasping your hands in front of you, "Let me show you around!"

As you gesture around leaving the upstairs area uncharted territory, your mother suddenly shouts to wash your hands. "She must be finished," you relay to him, "The bathroom is right over here!"

You each take a turn to wash your hands before heading to the dining room. Where Florian is suddenly surprised by the boy's sudden reveal.

H/n.

Florian's peaceful state begins to ice over as he plasters on a polite face for the setting.

"H/n, isn't it?" Florian approaches the male.

The turtleneck softly squeezes his neck as he turns to face the tall male. "Yes it is, I don't believe we have actually sat and talked yet," H/n reaches out to shake his which he accepts.

"Hi ma'am," Florian redirects his attention to the older woman in the room. "Thank you for having me over," he politely tries to shake her hand as well.

"I hug baby come here," your mom embraces the male with cheeriness, "It's been a while since we had company so I was surprised when my daughter asked. You all are welcome, so come sit down and eat!"

All of you quickly settle at the table per the lady's request. Passing plates around and setting food on your plates, the small talk begins.

Florian attempts to humor your mother and get to know her mother as he reaches for more of her cooking. But soon his attention is directed to the young man you care so much for.

"So H/n," Florian swallows in order to start a conversation, "You said you moved here recently, right?"

"Yes, you're right," H/n gives a polite smile.

"So what school did you come from?" Florian inquires about his past.

"You probably wouldn't know it," H/n  glares boldly at the muscular man.

"Try me," Florian smirks.

"Riverside was the name if I remember correctly. So have you heard of it?" H/n finally gives him an answer.

"I think I might've actually," Florian tilts his head.

"Oh really?" H/n squints his eyes at the man.

"Ah humor me for a moment, I think I may remember someone who may have gone there."

"Oh yeah? I might remember the name," H/n sets his fork down.

"Then have you heard of a girl who goes by Verena?"