Apologize

APOLOGIZE
⠀⎯♡ Here you are, with your feet dangling in the air as you are busy wasting the day away. It has been a couple of days since the eventful day you spent with Ian. Dubbed eventful, because, with your joyous afternoon, there is the contrast of the obvious downer of an argument you had with H/n.

Speaking of your boyfriend, he wishes to come over and chat with you. In hopes of resolving the quiet treatment that he so rightly deserves.

After the heated moment of him thrashing you around you aren't too sure. But with the advice of your dear friends and the fact that you still hold strong feelings for the guy. So you agree, and today is the day you will talk it out.

Speak of the devil.

You perk up at the sudden ring of your doorbell.

You are aware of the fact that your mother is occupied downstairs with the makings of her cake. So, you know that you can mentally prepare yourself for the inevitable conversation while your mother opens the door.

But it seems that with each step you can hear approaching, it only makes you grow more anxious.

What if he gets out of hand like the last time you saw him?

The thoughts keep piling alas there the expected knock is.

You take a slow, deep breath in before calmly exhaling before you give him the okay to enter your space.

He steps in fastly before closing the door shut and approaches you slowly. "Hey," H/n shyly begins the conversation.

"Hi." You mutter pointedly, glancing at him up and down at the comfortable outfit he had thrown on. You want to make sure he earns your forgiveness and that he is genuinely sorry.

"L-Look," he sighs, "I want to apologize. I should've never let it get that far."

You scoff at the plain apology, "Okay, but what made you think that putting your hands that roughly on me was okay? I don't care how you're feeling."

"I just felt jealous of that guy, you became friends with him so quickly. I was afraid that you liked him or that he liked you."

"Regardless of your thoughts, that gives you no right," you roughly speak toward the cowardly-looking male.

H/n fumbles with his hands and he lets his head droop as his sniffles escape him. "Look, Y/n I don't know what's wrong with me, you're right that should've never happened. I was dumb enough to let my anger get the best of me. If anything is ever bothering me I will tell and I hope you can look past this and trust me again. I hope you forgive me."

There it is.

The genuine apology you are looking for.

A small smile fixes your frigid features as you take his hand in yours. You rub his knuckles and he lifts his head to connect his watering eyes with your still pair.

"You promise to tell me anything right?" You hopefully search for confirmation.

"Of course, you don't think I would lie to you... do you?" This time he flips the situation onto you.

"No, I don't think you will," you nod your head as the anger you feel toward your lover dissipates.

He lets a wide smile loose as he squeezes your figure happily. "Thank you for letting me apologize, I promise to behave."

You chuckle as you grip him back.

You lay your head in the comfortable-looking crook on his neck, the warmth you had denied yourself is back. On the other hand, H/n welcomes you happily as you are finally back.

Finally his.

Now to make sure it stays this way, there's something he must do.

But as he promised, he will try to behave.